So whats the word on amps from last night show?

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Who was there, what amps were visible, anything new? Did the 18 watt Marshall make the tour with Stone?
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WESWES Posts: 168
    It was pretty hard to tell, but from what i can gather, Eddie was using the same rig as on the last tour... Mike seem to have a pair of twins atop a couple cabs, (one of which was definitly marshall).. and it looked like stone may have been using a tweed deluxe... Hopefully someone was closer and got a good look, but from where I was thats my best estimation.
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I'm not great at judging these things but:

Ed had the same amps as he used on SNL & Letterman, the Fenders I think...in that same order too. (The big one in the middle and the smaller ones to either side.

Mike had 2 Twins?? On top of his Cabs like WES said, and Stone also had a tweed Fender on top of his cab.

It looked to me as though Jeff was playing Orange cabs through his Ampeg heads???

I dunno though?? (if Orange even makes bass cabs) :o:o
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Jeff's orange cabs are actually orange-tolex Ampeg 6x10 cabs, he had them last tour as well.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Jeff's orange cabs are actually orange-tolex Ampeg 6x10 cabs, he had them last tour as well.

just wondering, do they still have the glow in the dark skull and stripes on them?

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    i haven't see the funny gold bird (gold wings)
    maybe it's only for the concerts !!?
  • All the boys are playing fenders now. Huh, I was looking forward to seeing Stone with two 18 watters up there. Thats life I guess huh!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    just wondering, do they still have the glow in the dark skull and stripes on them?

Ya, Jeff's one cab had this really cool (almost punisher) ckull on it!!

I noticed it both nights :):)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Mike had two Tweed Fenders, I think 410s on top of 412s. I thought they were Bassmans, but Twins makes more sense.

Ed was using the 3 fenders, 2 active and one back up.

I think Stone had the delta blues and the 18 watt out there, but I couldn't really see well enough.

Regardless, they sounded great. And from where I was, YOU COULD HEAR MIKE!

:)