Tiny Terror anyone?

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any one get to try this orange out yet? PACO seems up your alley. Love the 7 watt feature that's for sure. January the local store is suppose to get there next shipment in.

http://www.orangeamps.com/tinyterror/
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have tried this, and let me tell you, it is f'n awesome. I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested. I also know a guy who has used this with a full band and was more that capable of being heard. This thing has tone out the ass. Might not work all that well in a bar, unless you play in a band that mics the amps.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Any one get to try this orange out yet? PACO seems up your alley. Love the 7 watt feature that's for sure. January the local store is suppose to get there next shipment in.

I haven't been down to ADM in a while because of busy weekends, but I was very very pleased with the Rockerverb so I'd assume more of the same out of the Tiny Terror.

I know I love my Orange and have for years.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    I haven't been down to ADM in a while because of busy weekends, but I was very very pleased with the Rockerverb so I'd assume more of the same out of the Tiny Terror.

I know I love my Orange and have for years.

Hopefully this trend of extremely low wattage heads, catches on and takes off. Someone needs to come out with a single 6v6 head.

Also (attention all manufacturers), lets not forget about us bass players too, we would love to see some more 100 watt all tube heads (make them affordable too) to pick from. Right not it's a V4B or somthing old, very dissapointing.

I like the idea in the studio to have 3 or 4 low wattage heads (of my own), and a few different speaker arrangement cabinets. To me that's easier then 3 or 4 combos sitting around, to move around.

Have to wait for the local store to get the tiny terror in.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• *ahem*

http://www.orangeamps.com/crush/guitarpack/newindex.htm

"The guitar, a unique Orange design..."

*cough cough*

For a unique design, it sure looks damn familiar.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • *ahem*

http://www.orangeamps.com/crush/guitarpack/newindex.htm

"The guitar, a unique Orange design..."

*cough cough*

For a unique design, it sure looks damn familiar.

Yeah noticed that. Orange, still has the good stuff (thank goodness), and the bad stuff. Just please don't turn into marshal.

MIG allergies flaring up?

• Tried that little devil today, and my god, it suprised me! Even with a single-coil stratocaster the distortion sounded godly, and the clean was something I've never heard before, too. The price was also...at least reasonable, maybe the santa will bring me a little present one month late;)
    King Jeremy the wicked
  • Any one get to try this orange out yet? PACO seems up your alley. Love the 7 watt feature that's for sure. January the local store is suppose to get there next shipment in.

Hey!

Just saw this thing while looking on Ebay (for no reason, mind you, just looking) ... lord knows it's been a while since i've posted on here, but this inspired me ...

anyone have any ideas for a cabinet that would be good for something like this?

Right now i've got the Bumbox 1/2 Watt Lead Head and also the 5 Watt Epiphone Valve Jr. Head ...

So far, neither is really what i was looking for ...

the Bumbox is a bit of a bum ... just TOO soft.
    :(

The epiphone is a one trick pony with it's whopping one knob ... at $99 i actually like it better than the $500 Bumbox, though it lacks in versatility.

Anyhow, this TinyTerror looks like a real beauty.

I've been running my other two low watts through a single 12" Mesa Boogie cabinet with a black shadow ...

I get the feeling that cabinet is not doing much for the tone ... in fact, i reckon with the load it is capable of taking and the puny load i am giving it, that it is actually stifling the tone ... and possibly hindering the volume (ohm experts anyone?)

anyhow...

with this new golden age of low watt amps,
    we need a corresponding surge in low watt friendly cabinets ...

If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I LOVE the sound of the Tiny Terror. I've never played one, but from the reviews that I've seen and heard, it sounds amazing. I can't afford one for a long time, but whenever I start looking for a 'real' amp, that'll definitely be on my list to check out.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey!

Just saw this thing while looking on Ebay (for no reason, mind you, just looking) ... lord knows it's been a while since i've posted on here, but this inspired me ...

Right now i've got the Bumbox 1/2 Watt Lead Head and also the 5 Watt Epiphone Valve Jr. Head ...

The epiphone is a one trick pony with it's whopping one knob ... at $99 i actually like it better than the $500 Bumbox, though it lacks in versatility.

I've been running my other two low watts through a single 12" Mesa Boogie cabinet with a black shadow ...

I get the feeling that cabinet is not doing much for the tone ... in fact, i reckon with the load it is capable of taking and the puny load i am giving it, that it is actually stifling the tone ... and possibly hindering the volume (ohm experts anyone?)

anyhow...

what kind of gain are you looking for from it?

the speaker efficiency can help you get a lot more volume out of a few watts.

Vintage blues cost a lot and can be bright brand new but they are some of the best speakers ever built. I do like vintage 30's as that's what's in my 15 watt Orange.

I think you could do well with greenbacks or actually if you go with Avatar hellatone 30's (broken in celestion heritage 30's)

hopefully you'll get a chance to check a few things out either before you buy or with a 30 day money back guarentee something like that.

good luck, P.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Hey!

anyhow...

Tiny Terror is versitile as can be. Pre amp drive, power amp drive, over the top drive, etc...

Vintage 30's or greenbacks are probably the best speaker match for that amp. I'd suggest Avatar, they have a great deal on a loaded 2x12 cabinet. You can get it loaded with two 12" vintage 30's for I think it's $288. And the cabinet sounds fantastic.

• Hey!

anyhow...

I think Mesa cabs sound great. However, the Black Shadow speakers were really tuned to the Mark series amps (I had a Mark III that I miss a lot). Try the recto cabs with vintage 30's. I have a 2X12, and it sounds great with a 18-watt Marsahll clone.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • I'd definitely recommend either a Marshall Greenback, or a Jensen C12N. Ted Weber makes a convincing Jensen clone, any of the 12F125 models, and I love a lot of the higher-end Eminence speakers, like the Governor or Red Fang. No need to replace the cabinet you're using, unless you'd rather not mess with replacing the speaker inside it. If you do want a new cab, check out Avatar: http://avatarspeakers.com/
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I'd definitely recommend either a Marshall Greenback, or a Jensen C12N. Ted Weber makes a convincing Jensen clone, any of the 12F125 models, and I love a lot of the higher-end Eminence speakers, like the Governor or Red Fang. No need to replace the cabinet you're using, unless you'd rather not mess with replacing the speaker inside it. If you do want a new cab, check out Avatar: http://avatarspeakers.com/

Red Fangs are killer out of the box for sure. Then they tend to get way way bright after the break in period. Still has its place.