Options

Pearl Jam music for the Colorado Avalanche! Help me out...

In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
edited April 2008 in The Porch
So I work production at Pepsi Center in Colorado, which means I do all the shows and game events there. One of is the NHL team, Colorado Avalanche and I've been trying to get the new music guy to play some PJ. Finally got "Even Flow" for even strength penalties and he busted out "Animal" the last game. He said if I made a list of songs that would work for the game (puck drops, power plays, penalties, etc) that he would pick some to download. If you got any good suggestions, list them here. I'm currently getting some together myself.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    leash.....
    Now we got a fuckin fight up here,what there's a republican in the audience,what's going on? Eddie(Randell's Island N.Y 96)
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,145
    In2Deep wrote:
    So I work production at Pepsi Center in Colorado, which means I do all the shows and game events there. One of is the NHL team, Colorado Avalanche and I've been trying to get the new music guy to play some PJ. Finally got "Even Flow" for even strength penalties and he busted out "Animal" the last game. He said if I made a list of songs that would work for the game (puck drops, power plays, penalties, etc) that he would pick some to download. If you got any good suggestions, list them here. I'm currently getting some together myself.

Sorry as a Canucks fan I could not possibly help such a vile enemy as the Lanch! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Go
  • Options
    As a big Avs fan and Denver resident, I'd like to see them play

Whippin (maybe after a fight)
    Do the Evolution
    Corduroy (the first part...'the waiting drove me mad'....maybe before a face off to start a power play)
    Severed Hand
    Comatose (this would be a good song to hear anytime during a game).
    Don't Gimme no Lip
    Habit

The last Avs game I was at, I actually stood and cheered when I heard PJ come on (might have been during the pre game warm up).

By the way, sounds like a pretty cool job.
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    In2Deep wrote:

Fuck the Avalanche... Go Wings!!!
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:

Screw the Wings! Hope you are getting ready for your usual first round playoff exit.
  • Options
    puck drops = Spin The Black Circle
  • Options
    Screw the Wings! Hope you are getting ready for your usual first round playoff exit.

Seem to recall getting fucked by the refs in the Conference Finals just last year... How did the Avs do??? Oh... That's right. They didn't make the playoffs.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    Seem to recall getting fucked by the refs in the Conference Finals just last year... How did the Avs do??? Oh... That's right. They didn't make the playoffs.

Guys guys don't fight. The correct answer is you will both get owned by the Sharks this year.

And for the thread starter Go is good for the start of games or periods and Alive for after the game in the playoffs if they survive an elimination game.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    The correct answer is you will both get owned by the Sharks this year.

I'm afraid you might be right... I'm just hoping we get to play the Avs in the 1st round so we have an easy series.
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I'm afraid you might be right... I'm just hoping we get to play the Avs in the 1st round so we have an easy series.

I'm hoping for an Avs/Wings first round match up as well, especially since we got Foote and Forsberg back. Could be just like old times.
  • Options
    SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
    go caps
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • Options
    DeadpoolDeadpool Posts: 155
    Yeah seriously screw the Avs, Go WINGS Too bad Pearl Jam didn't write a song called Severed Foot in honor of that tool Forsberg. You could have played that every time he set foot on the ice.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I think Breath would work pretty damn well
  • Options
    ...oh and btw GO LEAFS GO :( notwithstanding the fact we suck right now.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Already mentioned, but another vote for 'Go'.

Oh yeah -

LONG LIVE THE WHALERS!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244
    In2Deep wrote:

Isnt there a rumor of a show in this building? You work production on all shows and game events.....any inside scoop?
  • Options
    Isnt there a rumor of a show in this building? You work production on all shows and game events.....any inside scoop?

YEAH GET HIM!
  • Options
    Deadpool wrote:
    Yeah seriously screw the Avs, Go WINGS Too bad Pearl Jam didn't write a song called Severed Foot in honor of that tool Forsberg. You could have played that every time he set foot on the ice.

You're just pissed cause Forsberg turned down the Wings offer.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Jesika537 wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better!!!

How about: DOWN, SAD, BLACK, WHY GO to the Pepsi Center ;)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Some of you are acting like playing Pearl Jam is going to get the AVS to the Stanley Cup. This is more about just hearing PJ at a game. I'm a huge AVS fans, but this has nothing to do with that. Cripes....
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    In2Deep wrote:
    You're just pissed cause Forsberg turned down the Wings offer.

Thank God we didn't get the GIMP :) What he do play 2 games and then get hurt?
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options

With the DNC, there's not really for many shows in there since they will be reconstructing some of it for the convention. The people who get the info know I'm a nutcase for PJ so I'm sure I will be the first they'd inform. I rather they didn't play there, cause I have to work it. Red Rocks is the only venue I don't do and it's just an awesome place to see them live so I hope they play there next.
  • Options
    Porch, Big Wave, Comatose, Blood, Satan's Bed, Lukin...the list goes on and on...

(Oh yeah: GO AVS!!!)
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
    topic integrity please

thanks
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    RVM
    Cordoroy
    Faithful
    Blood
    Grievance
    Insignificance ( great for face offs )
    Hail Hail ( if your team has the goalie for this )
    Oceans
    Whipping
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    QcPjFanQcPjFan Posts: 12
    On the 2005 tour, when Pearl JAm come to Quebec, He were sorry for us cause we were loosing our Hockey Team and He Said - Fuck the Colorado Avalanche, Fuck Them !!

Man the crowd were so crazy. Its been since may 25 1995 that we loose the Nordiques for the Avalanche, and I Still miss Them....

Take Care of Joe, He was our Captain, He still the best around !!!

LES NORDIQUES DE QUEBEC C'est mon équipe!!
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,145
    QcPjFan wrote:
    On the 2005 tour, when Pearl JAm come to Quebec, He were sorry for us cause we were loosing our Hockey Team and He Said - Fuck the Colorado Avalanche, Fuck Them !!

Well said!!! Vive Les Nordiques!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    QcPjFan wrote:

Man the crowd were so crazy. Its been since may 25 1995 that we loose the Nordiques for the Avalanche, and I Still miss Them....

Take Care of Joe, He was our Captain, He still the best around !!!

That did suck for you...but great for us Colorado fans, especially since they won the cup that year. Every state should have a hockey team.
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Don't Gimme No Lip after someone gets an unsportsmanlike penalty for saying something to the ref.