Java Boost

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Finally gave in and ordered my Java Boost. Figured I better do it now before they discontinue these for lack of available quality germanian transisiters like Fulltone has done on the Soul Bender and the '69. Now I no longer have to borrow one!
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I just got a used Java Boost last week on EBay for $160! I freaking LOVE it.

My pedalboard is downright nasty now!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Yeah, I've had one for a bit now - like it in front of OD pedals - It's more of a treble boost than anything.
    From what I hear the Xotic Boosts are the best, but haven't had the opportunity to find out.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Yeah, I've had one for a bit now - like it in front of OD pedals - It's more of a treble boost than anything.
    From what I hear the Xotic Boosts are the best, but haven't had the opportunity to find out.

If you want a real clean boost, the RC booster is where's it's at for sure. I like the AC booster (the yellow one) infront of a old twin for a little drive.

I've used a Java Boost infront of my OCD before, and it's pretty cool how the OCD actually smooths out the Java a bit.

Now it's going to be: Java Boost, Germanian OD, OCD, Tremolo, Tuner.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• BinFrog wrote:
    I just got a used Java Boost last week on EBay for $160! I freaking LOVE it.

My pedalboard is downright nasty now!

$160 is a great price for sure. I for some reason like my effects new and untouched. I don't know why, I'd save a bit if I bought used. $228 free shipping.

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I got my Java Boost brand new in a box from a studio that I was doing
    some work for (it only cost me $50) - they had a bunch of pedals that
    they just didn't use so they offered me some (I'm not complaining at all).

Yeah, if I wanted a transparent boost it would probably be the Xotic RC
    Boost (RC= really clean), as opposed to the AC Boost (AC= almost clean).
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Finally gave in and ordered my Java Boost. Figured I better do it now before they discontinue these for lack of available quality germanian transisiters like Fulltone has done on the Soul Bender and the '69. Now I no longer have to borrow one!

is it blue? It's sexy in blue.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    I use a Marshall bluesbreaker 2, set on boost.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    is it blue? It's sexy in blue.

Indeed it is in Blue! I might leave the wife for it!