Options

Problem with an effect

Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, I tried a song with one of my effects (Digitech DoublePlay) and as I was turning the level knob for the delay the amp made a popping sound and now the LED won't turn off on the delay side. The chorus side is ok but the delay just stays on. When I play I can faintly hear something repeating but not as loud as it normally sounds. Can anyone recommend someone who I could send this to to have fixed?
don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get an Echo Flanger, dude... or a Poly Chorus.
    Ha ha I've a custy
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by GlorifiedG
    Ok, I tried a song with one of my effects (Digitech DoublePlay) and as I was turning the level knob for the delay the amp made a popping sound and now the LED won't turn off on the delay side. The chorus side is ok but the delay just stays on. When I play I can faintly hear something repeating but not as loud as it normally sounds. Can anyone recommend someone who I could send this to to have fixed?

either a transistor crapped out or a soldier joint broke somewhere. It's probably going to need some maintence.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, ah... Doctor, doctor, give me the news...

Needs internal surgery.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Probably needs new batteries. I suggest getting a power supply for it, if you aren't using one. They suck up the batteries, mine sure does. That should be the problem. My Digitech Hot Rod made all these loud popping noises when the batteries ran out.
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    I tried 3 different batteries and I do plan on getting a power supply soon.

I know there's much better chorus' out there but I don't want to spend money on any more effects.

I emailed Analog Man, can anyone recommend anyone else to try?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'