Options

Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay

Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anyone ever played this? I saw it in the new musicians friend catalog...it's $20 less than the Line 6 DL-4

"Up to 20 seconds of delay, infintely tweakable. 11 delay modes including classic tape delay and sound-on-sound recording make it as fun as it is flexible. New Smooth and Twist modes add subtle or radical effects while a memorey function provides seamless transitions. Push-button knob lets you make fine or coarse adjustments to delay time."
don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i haven't played it but i know it's well-liked and stacks up very well with the line6. i think it's got more potential for whacked out sounds than the line6 too.

i love my line 6 though.
  • Options
    the line6 has 14 delay modes, right?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    15 and a sampler mode.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    It's all about the Akai Head Rush.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I can't think of one use for 20 seconds of delay time. 5 is a gracious plenty. The boss is cool though. I want a line 6 I just don't know if I want to spend that much on a delay however when you weigh the potential and sounds included the DL-4 and the DD-20 are very good values.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I doubt I'd use 1/4 of the delay time myself but it still looks interesting.
    don't compete; coexist