need some recommendations

Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Gonna finally get my power all thingie when I get my tax refund and maybe there's an effect you think I'm lacking so since I'm listing what I have for the power all recommendation why make 2 posts?

So what do you think would be good to power these?

Keeley modded Boss Ultra DS-1
Vox 848 wah
Prophecy Sounds Inteliphase (the power adaptor is something like 16)
FoxRox Captain Coconut 2
FoxRox Through-Zero Flange
Guyatone Delay MD-2
Voodoo Lab Tremolo

I think that's it other than some rack effects but they have their own power cords

thanks
don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    pretty please? would the voodoo lab pedal power2 handle all of this? is there somethign better?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by GlorifiedG
    Gonna finally get my power all thingie when I get my tax refund and maybe there's an effect you think I'm lacking so since I'm listing what I have for the power all recommendation why make 2 posts?

So what do you think would be good to power these?

Keeley modded Boss Ultra DS-1
    Vox 848 wah
    Prophecy Sounds Inteliphase (the power adaptor is something like 16)
    FoxRox Captain Coconut 2
    FoxRox Through-Sero Flange
    Guyatone Delay MD-2
    Voodoo Lab Tremolo

I think that's it other than some rack effects but they have their own power cords

thanks

The hand of God. :D those are many of my favorites.

The Voodoo Labs PP2 should be fine. Not sure about the Prophesy Sounds (austrailian) 18V should probably be fine but write Analog Mike (only guy I know that carries Prophesy sound) and ask. http://www.analogman.com

you could also check out the Dunlop Power Brick

Or the Juice Box at http://www.musictoyz.com

I use the Godlyke Power All that came with every adaptor I could need and it works fine, I just need a new daisy chain. The PP2 is almost everyones favorite I think.

I'm not sure of the Voltage ratings on the FoxRox stuff but I'd love to see what they'd sound like (if compatible) at 18V.

You have some really really cool stuff man. I'm rather envious. I really want a CC2. You wouldn't by chance be the reincarnation of El Kabong?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    do you believe in reincarnation?

I actually already have something for the phase, forgot if it's 16 or 18. Anyway I guess I can just use that but was hoping to cut down because of the racks plugs.

The cc2 is really nice. I was really looking for a rotary sim but also needed a fuzz and the provibe did sound pretty nice and the ecs function was intriguing...haven't played with the octave too much yet. I'm thinking of getting an OD or chorus but not sure...

thanks for the links
    don't compete; coexist

My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    great, thanks! Now I got a spare $100...do you think i need an od or chorus or something else?
    don't compete; coexist

well, I'd look for some rotary simulator, so a chorus maybe. See if you can find a visual sound H20 on Ebay for under a hundred, that might be up your alley, it's got an echo too. I know you can find a EH Small Clone for sub 100 bucks the H20 and Small Clone are that underwater chorus sound not the rotating speaker. I'd maybe save up and see if I could grab a rotosphere or an EH Wiggler. the wiggler is pretty cool you might be able to snag one of those cheap too. Two tubes certainly warm it up. as well

Sound clips at http://www.ehx.com
    what I'd really like is a boss rc-20 but i don't feel like paying $279. maybe a nice eq...

I have a rack analog and digital delay so the echo isn't that needed
    don't compete; coexist

what I'd really like is a boss rc-20 but i don't feel like paying $279. maybe a nice eq...

I have a rack analog and digital delay so the echo isn't that needed

Ex may still have the Boss EQ he was selling but why not just find a rack eq, you may find one for under 100, probably with a footswith and more bands to play with.

I vote that you get a sonic maximiser instead. You will not believe the difference.
    i'll look for a sonic maximiser but that might be a little hard to find a nice one...how are mxr's 10 band eq's?
    don't compete; coexist

i'll look for a sonic maximiser but that might be a little hard to find a nice one...how are mxr's 10 band eq's?

decent. as far as I know.