Yet Another Question.......

thumbinmywaythumbinmyway Posts: 33
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK GUYS, IM ALMOST THERE. AS SOME OF YOU KNOW IVE BEEN TRYING TO BUILD MY OWN GUITAR OUT OF PARTS I BOUGHT FROM EBAY. I TRIED SOLDERING IT MYSELF THEM GAVE UP AND LET THIS GUY I KNOW DO IT. WELL HE DIDNT DO IT RIGHT BECAUSE NONE OF MY POTS WOULD WORK OR THE SELECTOR SWITCH. SO TODAY I GAVE IT ANOTHER SHOT (WITH A MUCH BETTER SOLDERING IRON) AND JUST PLUGGED IT IN TO FIND THAT ALL THE POTS WORK NOW BUT THE SELECTOR SWITCH ONLY WORKS IN THE FIRST TWO POSITIONS. sorry about the caps lock being on i just realized it and i dont feel like re-writing this. also, it doesnt seem to be grounded right at all. there is a horrible buzz if i touch any metal on the guitar when its plugged in. please help me out guys!!! none of my firends know anything about this and there are no shops anywhere near me. these texas specials do sound wonderful though!!! except for the buzz of course. thanks!! -Jason
If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bump
  • bump??
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    That's tough to diagnos without seeing it... I wish I could help more...

It sounds like one of your pups isn't wired correctly though...

if it works in the first two positions, then maybe just one of the pups is working.

I had that happen to me with my homemade tele... it turned out I had an intermittent (bad) pickup... duncan replaced it.

check your connections on the neck pup... then test that pup individually to see that it is fully functioning.
    There's No Code.