How to record electric guitar into ur computer!!?!?

64* & Cloudy64* & Cloudy Posts: 3
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Im tryin to record my elctric guitar into my comp, through my Peavy amp, out the headphone jack at the back of the amp and into the "line-In" at the back of my comp. When its all plugged in, im left with a very loud Hissing sound.
Is there any way to get around this please??

Im recording using Acoustica MP3 converter.

I really want to get a crisp clean sound out of it.
its really anyoning cause i have all these songs i wanna record but this is kind of stalling me

Thanks for ur help :-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• im not an expert with this sorta stuff but you could try plugging the guitar straight into your pc, without the amp, if u have the right cable.

probably wont work, i dunno.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Fix it all with $100:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040418163142150131183229862875/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/482232/

Line 6 Guitar Port. Guitar -> Cable -> GuitarPort -> USB -> Computer. Easy as that.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • great thanks for those :-)
  • I would say mic out the amp. You'll get a much better sound that way, even if it's a cheap mic.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
  • HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Buy a mic and put it by your amp. Viola.
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    theres actually some deals you can buy that come with stuff to hook ur comp to ur guitar with and a program to record onto...
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • the mic thing works but there is still a fair amount of feedback, but i will haveanother go

thanx
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    i have just run a 1/4 to 1/8th inch adaptor into the mike input on the back of my computer, then you can download free demo's of let';s say, cakewalk and record direct. it works well
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst