New 65 Princeton Reverb Reissue.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK, I asked for it.

It's 900 bucks but so was my Orange... I'm a little disapointed they didn't go to Ted Weber for this one for that dough.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-65-Princeton-Reverb-15W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482325

what do you think... it's more than a DRRI?

That's a little odd.

I might just keep holding out for either a Bassman or Vibroking.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agree on the price shock. Especially since it's no point to point. But man I bet it sounds good.

To bad Ceriatone doesn't make a clone. Of course Nik could probably whip one up if asked.

Have to hear one for sure!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I agree on the price shock. Especially since it's no point to point. But man I bet it sounds good.

To bad Ceriatone doesn't make a clone. Of course Nik could probably whip one up if asked.

Have to hear one for sure!

he's probably built one before. It's a pretty simple circuit, but What can you say other than Leo Fender was a genius.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    For a couple hundred bucks more, you could get a 65 Twin Reverb. Or, you can get one for about $700 on the 'bay. They sound like sweet, sweet butta!
  • I'm just not that big of a twin fan. Don't get me wrong I like them. And yes i record with one now and then. But I like the Princetons, Bassmans and the 5E3. Need the 5E3 no matter what.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Pacomc79 wrote:
    he's probably built one before. It's a pretty simple circuit, but What can you say other than Leo Fender was a genius.

Screw it, go with a vibroking with the 3x10! Todd park Mohr from Big Head Todd has been using one for the last couple tours (not sure if he did it in the latest tour). Has it tilted back sitting in front of him like a monitor. Just sounds killer.

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    what do you think... it's more than a DRRI?

Well... The DRRI is selling for $950 versus the Princeton's $900.

I have to say that the Princeton Reverb is the one amp I've always wanted and never could find for a great price. The 10" speaker, 15-watt output, and Fender reverb and Fender tremolo, what more could I want? Hell, I'd *almost* trade my old Deluxe Reverb for a Princeton Reverb of the same vintage...

The new one has a few features that I like, a TRS 1/4" footswitch as opposed to the old RCA's, and an IEC power input. Then again, if it's not point-to-point, I wonder about it's authenticity in the tone department. A Weber speaker would've helped, but the Jensen C10R is par for the course.

All that said, it would sell a lot better at around $750.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i would have jumped all over this before i started building my own from kits. kind of tempting regardless.

still planning on buying a weber princeton kit (blond w/ wheat grill... sweet) with a 12" alnico someday.