Options

It is so damn cool to play guitar.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I think about all the money and time I spend obsessing on what is essentially a bedroom hobby until I find a band and you know. it's worth every damn penny. It feels great to go home after work crank up the amp and just rip for a while dosen't it.

Damn I love Geetars.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SheepySheepy Posts: 16
    Yeah, its amazing... You can just express yourself in whatever way you like... And it is worth it when you get in a band, except from when the little f*ckers let you down :)
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Let's hear it for da geeter!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if i could play in front of people, even for 10 minutes, on a semi-regular basis, i'd feel somewhat validated for wasting so much money on this stuff. i guess i've had some success with recordings.

anyway, i love guitar. yes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    if i could play in front of people, even for 10 minutes, on a semi-regular basis, i'd feel somewhat validated for wasting so much money on this stuff. i guess i've had some success with recordings.

anyway, i love guitar. yes.

Playing in front of a couple hundred at a College show was enough to know I wanted to do more. Hell Open Mic Night's are great, but I really think playing with a band is the best thing since sliced bread.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Playing in front of a couple hundred at a College show was enough to know I wanted to do more. Hell Open Mic Night's are great, but I really think playing with a band is the best thing since sliced bread.

i'd have to agree. sadly, i've never found a good combination of:
    1. reliable
    2. on the same musical wavelength
  • Options
    1. reliable

same here. My kingdom for a drummer and bass player.
  • Options
    jnmjnm Posts: 25
    it is a real thrill when you learn something new or you are just in a groove.. it's a great escape.
  • Options
    1. reliable

Ah, the odd couple
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I've found people who meet one of those two criteria... lots of people. I was once the bass player for a 70's rock cover-band that also wrote about 50% original material, just because they were reliable and dedicated.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    1. reliable

id have to agree, but me and me friend and teaming now and making some pretty cool sounding
    shit
    "thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
    thiers still time so escape,,,,
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Yeah paco
    Guitars have been berry berry good to me!
    We've got acoustic over here, now. It's great to not have to fiddle with plugs and tubes and wires and heavy amps. Just letting the fingers do the talking!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!