Options

Holy digital tube replication Batman!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    holy jesus.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    holy jesus.

I thought it was a type o. you think you like your pod. ever played a duo verb? It is awesome. 2 amps at once, now it's almost cheap enough to sell my old fender and use it as #2.

Can you imagine 3 amps at once?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I thought it was a type o. you think you like your pod. ever played a duo verb? It is awesome. 2 amps at once, now it's almost cheap enough to sell my old fender and use it as #2.

Can you imagine 3 amps at once?

seriously. line6 is getting so kickass. this might be too good for you to pass up.
  • Options
    seriously. line6 is getting so kickass. this might be too good for you to pass up.

where the F am I going to put it. this sucks. I barely have room for my Orange. My Fender is at my brother in Laws. I need this amp. Crap. why now with so much else to buy and damn insurance next week?
  • Options
    just stack the orange on top.

seriously. this is your clean amp. right there. if i wanted another amp, i'd do it.
  • Options
    just stack the orange on top.

seriously. this is your clean amp. right there. if i wanted another amp, i'd do it.

sadly. no money. to be honest I like that amp but just to know that little bulbs are glowing in the back is important to me. I still want a 65 super reverb or deluxe or vibrolux.
  • Options
    you're a bigger man than i.
  • Options
    you're a bigger man than i.

no I'm just a wuss. mainly I want to pay off this recorder that I've barely used and I want a new guitar first. I've put an hour or so on the duoverb when I was considering it.

It failed to sell simply because it had too much power for the application and the market it was geared up to compete with just can't get over the fact that it has no tubes. This is a marvelous amp from Line 6. The rhythm guy from Widespread uses a Vetta and an extention cab on stage. 2 amps at once and all those effects. It must simplify things alot. I worry about reliability of those electronics though. Johnsons (Digitech) were terrible. I had 2 milleniums come back for repairs on just light duty stuff.
  • Options
    johnson = digitech = DOD

that should tell you something. :)

line6 is the premier player in this whole modelling game. i venture to say the POD is the most important piece of gear to appear for the bedroom guitarist.
  • Options
    speaking of money, i really wish these damn pedals of mine i'm trying to get rid of would sell. i'm getting annoyed. i really don't want to do the ebay thing.
  • Options
    johnson = digitech = DOD

that should tell you something. :)

line6 is the premier player in this whole modelling game. i venture to say the POD is the most important piece of gear to appear for the bedroom guitarist.

they have great product reps too. I'm about to do the Ebay thing.

Need money to buy vibe and keeley comp. and delay.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    If I was in a bar band, and needed to play covers by Van Halen, AC/DC, Peter Frampton, and the Rolling Stones back to back, that would be my amp. Maybe a Sum41 cover, and a couple Creed tunes as well. But I need two or three sounds that are MY sounds... so a good Fender tube amp, with reverb, driven by two Keeley Tube Screamers (in a couple months, anyways) will be my sound. The Line 6 stuff is good if you need to copy a variety of tones, but I'd rather keep it simple and avoid digital.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    still show me a better more versitile amp for 500 bucks. It simply dosen't exist. I don't need that many sounds but this is a party bands wet dream.