Options

ok for fans of the odd noises.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
robotalk is your pedal.

http://www.analogman.com/robofram.htm

enjoy.

Have fun Rob! Say Hi to Everest for me. Vaya Con Dios.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    way cool.
  • Options
    yeah but with so much else to buy how can I justify a pedal that will make my guitar sound like R2D2?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    yeah but with so much else to buy how can I justify a pedal that will make my guitar sound like R2D2?

we can't, sadly. :(

i settle for the really weird things i can make my line6 delay do.
  • Options
    if I won the lottery my house would look like Musictoyz.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Think you/we have toys issues... check this out:

http://mixonline.com/ar/audio_mars_volta/index.htm

Scroll down to the pic of his pedal collection. Insane...

Then again, who wouldn't want to record in an old haunted mansion that the Chili Peppers used for Blood Sugar Sex Majik, all while working with Rick Rubin?

I think I'll get a Maxon Tubescreamer soon... either that, or a TS-9 Ibanez and get a brown card mod. Got any spare time, Exhausted?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod

I think I'll get a Maxon Tubescreamer soon... either that, or a TS-9 Ibanez and get a brown card mod. Got any spare time, Exhausted?

check out the sound clips on robertkeeley.com. good idea of what he can do with his changes. these kind of mods are way beyond me at this time.

edit: shoot. looks like he only has one mp3 for his tubescreamer changes.
  • Options
    I just spent 40 minutes on Keeley's site... unfuckingbelievable.

I think I'm gonna sell my stock TS-9 and buy his combo deal... the TS-9/808 Plus Mod and the TS-9/808 Baked Mod. That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. And for $295, shipping included? The stock TS-9 goes for $99.99 on MF, and then probably $15 per to ship, that's $230 right there! Gotta wait on a couple Ebay toy bids, but I'm making a purchase soon.
  • Options
    there is a site with 10 or 12 of the baked sound clips I think.

Check out Jason Barker's site http://www.steelbender.com for clips of my Barber direct drive and Keeley's Compressor and Blues Driver

McCready you can't go wrong with Keeley. Just look at the list of artists. Frampton is about as anal with tone as you can get well except for maybe Eric Johnson.

You want the Super Clear SRV sound Keeley will make it for you. Uber quality work. This guy has a tremendous passion for what he does. when you add it up the prices are great for the work that is done
  • Options
    Really, I'm looking for three tones:
    1) Glassy Fender tube clean. Got that already.
    2) Mild, chunky overdrive. Not saturated, still pretty clean tone. Think Ed's setup: Right on the edge.
    3) Thicker drive, more saturation, something to bring a lead out top and make some crunchy power chords.

With the two Keeleys, I can get the two distortion sounds out of my Fender. I'm already a Tubescreamer-for-life guy, so why not get the best of the best?

Ultimately, I don't need any super-saturated lead tones (Hendrix, McCready) but I do need some funky riff tones (Stone) and driving power chord tone (AC/DC, Zeppelin).

Thanks for the advice...
  • Options
    you can get it all with that set up on the Fender. It will be exactly what you want.

Crank the volume and listen to the notes melt
  • Options
    Okay, lost another Ebay auction by $5. Guess that's a sign... "Buy the Keeley"...

The reviews on Harmony Central are almost rediculous:
    "THE man is on my x-mas card list, I want him on my next birthday party, I want him to be the godfather of my next child. I don't think there is a nicer guy in the industry. He answers emails faster than you can send them. Free shipping all over the world. The man cares. And he is a true craftsman."

I'm 99.999987% sure I'm getting these two pedals.

Anyone want a Tubescreamer?
  • Options
    just have him mod yours. He will still give you the package price I'm sure.
  • Options
    Yeah, thought about that, but I think I'd rather just start with new ones. Mine's been around the block a couple times, not too sure about the switch these days. Besides, I have a friend who kinda wants a Tubescreamer, maybe I'll sacrifice it to him for $70 or so.

Damn, my debit card has a $200 limit per purchase... Guess I'll have to mail him a USPS Money Order...

God, I'm getting giddy.
  • Options
    I hope you love them. At the moment I have a Keeley Rat 2 that is loud as all get out. It'd take the walls down if I opened her up but the neighbors don't like that much.
  • Options
    I've pissed my neighbors off with my Vibro-Champ. Like to see the reaction if I plugged in the 4 x 10"...

I might just do that, the second that package hits my doorstep.
  • Options
    i'm still trying to figure out whether i want to send him my sparkle drive or an SD-1.

right now, i'm planning on leaving the SD-1 in front of one channel of the amp (think mccready in 98 with the TS9 in front of the dirty side) and using the sparkle and comp.

but i honestly think i like the blues driver mod better than the the sparkle drive (which is just a TS808 type circuit by a different company).

i don't need any heavy distortion out of any of them. i just want good tone.

in other news, my muff seems to be on steroids since i changed the volume pot. it's so saturated.
  • Options
    ex. not quite an 808 is the Blues Driver. Really not a TS at all.

see remarks made by Jason Barker on http://www.steelbender.com

steelbender spotlight.

Blues Drivers do not have the mid hump they are like a fuzz face with the volume up the gain down and the volume on the guitar down. Think Allman Brothers tone.
  • Options
    no, i meant the sparkle was the 808 type.
  • Options
    ah. yes. and a very good clean boost at that. I can't decide if I want a Blues driver or another TS or a Fuzz either.
  • Options
  • Options
    i have to wait and see once the comp is here. i'll try a few things and have a better idea at that time.

i sliced a bunch of pedals out of my chain again so things are sounding pretty good. i have a blue 3PDT coming too so i can true bypass the muff.

that would leave only my phase100 and my octaver as not true bypass and i'm not too concerned about them.
  • Options
    indeed. the baked is more than I want I think. I like his regular mod.
  • Options
    ah. yes. and a very good clean boost at that. I can't decide if I want a Blues driver or another TS or a Fuzz either.

i went with the phat blues driver. after listening to all of barker's samples. i can't play like that. but i like that sound.
  • Options
    already ordered huh. Yeah my buddy had a black strat a Mister Crybaby (volume+boost) and a regular blues driver and it's really cool. I think I should get one too.
  • Options
    already ordered huh. Yeah my buddy had a black strat a Mister Crybaby (volume+boost) and a regular blues driver and it's really cool. I think I should get one too.

yeah. did it this morning. thus the sale of old, unused pedals. wanted to send him my sparkle but decided to start fresh.
  • Options
    I kinda wonder why Keeley doesn't just use an Ebay Store site. I saw that Baked TS-9 last night... sounds convincing... but it might be awhile before I amass the funds for this particular purchase. Think I might be selling a standard Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal soon... anyone interested?