Options

To those of you searching for a badass all tube amp that is price efficient...

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Read On...
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Yamaha/T100-01.html

Soldano designed built like a tank. Tone and volume for days twin reverbs multiple gain stages and not to many people know about it. If you can find one buy it.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oooooh. T50 all the tone half the power. Imagine that baby with some NOS Mullard EL-34's...delicious.

I also love the old Sovtek Mig 50's and Midgets. See if you can find those on Ebay.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    unfortunately 15 watts is too loud. I'm looking for a Nano head from Zvex. Sad thing is it's one watt and 427 bucks.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    unfortunately 15 watts is too loud. I'm looking for a Nano head from Zvex. Sad thing is it's one watt and 427 bucks.

get a THD hotplate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    get a THD hotplate.

yeah I want a Dr. Z airbrake but it's 280 bucks like the hotplate but it sits flat on top of the amp.

But I want a wiggler or a Microvibe and a delay and stuff first. Finally managed to break one of the crappy strings on the LP today at lunch so maybe I'll restring it tonight.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I'm going into the studio tomorrow, so I sat up late and strung up two of my guitars. Poked so many damned holes in my fingertips... the ends of those strings can draw a lot of blood. Had my '58 Danelectro out for the first time in 5 months, sometimes I forget she's there.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    when we did inventory and retail ready day at Guitar Center. I restrung 12 12 strings at 3:30 in the morning. Over the course of the day about 30 guitars. plus wiring up the 20 or so Bass amps and cabs to work toegther and the guitar stacks. I loved every freaking second of it.

My fingers were sore. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    yeah I want a Dr. Z airbrake but it's 280 bucks like the hotplate but it sits flat on top of the amp.

But I want a wiggler or a Microvibe and a delay and stuff first. Finally managed to break one of the crappy strings on the LP today at lunch so maybe I'll restring it tonight.

well, if you still want one (or both) of those echos, let me know. apparently, the DOD has the same chip as the old boss and ibanez pedals.
  • Options
    oh yeah. Maybe I should get the dod then. I just can't get over the light purple color of the dano for whatever reason.

I want a freaking reverb too.
  • Options
    i thought i would keep the DOD this morning but i'm losing interest. still love my DL4 too much.

it's got potential if you decided to mess with it a bit.
  • Options
    well I was considering the DL-4 too.

Unfortunately a leather sofa is more important right now than guitar effects..
  • Options
    when we did inventory and retail ready day at Guitar Center.

So you worked at Guitar Center? Did you have to shrink your penis and take classes in superiority to get the job? It always seems like Guitar Center employees are dicks. Not that I'm implying that about you...

Fender Tube Reverb is the only 'verb to have. Like I said, get a Vibrolux.
  • Options
    oh yeah. Maybe I should get the dod then. I just can't get over the light purple color of the dano for whatever reason.

I want a freaking reverb too.

haha. i'll take it apart and do the metal brushed look on it.
  • Options
    I was considering the 63 Fender reverb unit McCready.

Many of the people that work at guitar center are toolsheds. Not at the one I worked at though. It's an arrogance thing. I was more interested in getting people what they wanted than making money it was just a summer job. I made some good friends actually. The shrunken penis types are pissed because they aren't making any money typical music store people self important. I was interested in being helpful as possible however, I get tired too and I have heard "Crazy Train" every other Randy Rhodes lick and Van Halen stuff butchered so badly at such a high volume even I walk over to turn people down. Try out in the store yes. Practice in the store no unless it's acoustic that is cool. But please don't let your 5 year old bang the $8,000 Cordoba. You know. I just want to share my knowledge and help people get what they want
  • Options
    Yeah, that '63 Reverb unit is a dream.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to insult you, but rather the type of person I usually end up dealing with at a Guitar Center. They always seem to be focused on that Metal ethic, too... Yeah, Crazy Train... I don't think I ever met a Guitar Centar guy who appreciated Fender tube amps, either. They're all about Marshall, getting that Zakk Wylde tone, or Quadruple Rectified sound. Gimme a Tele thru a Twin Reverb and leave me alone.

No kidding on the kid with the Cordoba... I once saw a 7 or 8-year-old jamming out wildly on a '62 Martin. I told his father the kid should probably try out an Ibanez, got a dirty look.

It's kinda funny, whenever I'm in a music store, I either sit down with an acoustic and noodle (when else can I play a Taylor?) or just check out the electrics unplugged.
  • Options
    See that's kind of the state of music now they are all into metal and crazy gain stages and such.

The Atlanta Guitar Center is the largest besides Hollywood (think fucking vintage heaven the size of walmart) and Atl outsold them last christmas.

The manager of Atl guitar center has an incredible eye for vintage gear. 65 66 supers and vibroluxes. Blackface vibrochamps from the same era. an all original 54 strat at $17,500

Every ting you want. You should see the 5 or so 65 strats.

I used to go in at lunch when I worked closer to say hi to my buddy Jason and drool in the vintage room.

Did I mention the Pre War Martins. Yeah. Heaven.
  • Options
    My friend had a '47 Martin 00-15. He ended up broke and sold it to make rent, but it was the most beautiful thing I've ever held in my two hands. Not pre-war, but close. So close.
  • Options
    I think 47 should be considered Pre War. It's so close it's not like the manufacturing was much different.
  • Options
    That mohagany was the most wonderfully aged wood, and the neck on that thing was buttery-smooth. Very dark tonalities out of the wood (55-year-old mohagany tends to be) but a very bright string attack. Dark and twangy. Think Wilco. Anyways, it's sad that it's no longer his, he gets so depressed every time he talks about it.
  • Options
    they sell a yamaha DG 80 overhere, with a pedal MFC 10. 800 euros
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    oooooh. T50 all the tone half the power. Imagine that baby with some NOS Mullard EL-34's...delicious.

I also love the old Sovtek Mig 50's and Midgets. See if you can find those on Ebay.

I'd love to have a mig. The middle one in the list wxhausted posted is beautiful.
    My fingers were sore. I feel your pain.

"I've got blisters on me figners!!"
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I remember when I went looking for my first guitar and amp a guy at guitar center said fenders are highly overrated and not to get one. A few friends have fender twins and they sound really nice.

Unfortunately with jobs like that you do get some assholes.

I got a slide a few weeks ago (had 'in my time of dying in my head for days and only had a glass slide so I stopped and got a metal one) the display said 6.95. So I was a little shocked when the guy tried to charge me 19.95 for it! "Oh, my bad"

The DL-4 is really nice. If I didn't have any delays that'd be what I'd get. I still try to justify in my mind every now and then getting one.

What do you all think of the EH Holy and Hollier Grail reverbs?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    Some say they have reliability issues. I like the holy grail pretty well since I can't afford a real reverb unit and the closest real spring reverb is a hundred bucks more. The holier grail is a lot deeper with more options and a lot more control.