Options

Headroom.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anybody got an answer on how to get more of it out of a 15 watt non reverb combo. I need more clean volume with out breakup although the breakup is beautiful

more watts right?
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    pretty much. or a different amp for the cleans.
  • Options
    poop.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i think the reality for any guitarist wanting a wider range is multiple amps. no one amp can do it all. and if it tries to, either one channel or the other sucks.
  • Options
    I want one amp that is perfectly clean at halfway, one that is broken up and one that is super saturated.
  • Options
    save yourself one amp and get the clean and a volume boost, and then the super saturated.
  • Options
    http://www.barberelectronics.com I love this guy I really really love this guy. Ask and ye shall recieve. Check out the new 24 volt booster and amplifier.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Fender DeVille has a good clean, a decent crunch, and a great gain-boost.

Starting to sound like a broken record... "Fender DeVille this, Fender DeVille that..." "Fender DeVilles could cure AIDS and end world hunger"...

Seriously, though, I'm a believer. Sure, the three tones might all be 8 out of 10, but try to get that out of any other single amp.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    McCready. I like them too. A guy here playing in a bar the other night had one of the first gen tweed versions with only a tube screamer an Epi Les Paul Standard and a Gibson SG 61 RI.

Tore the damn roof off the place.

In other news...... have you seen the new hardwood versions absolutely gorgeous at 849 what a steal.
  • Options
    i saw a hardwood deluxe. it was gorgeous. i'd be too scared to use it though.
  • Options
    what better way to match a sunburst.
  • Options
    You mean these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031008174107150131025216172555/g=guitar/g=guitar/search/bigpid/base_id/106105/

Which to choose, though? Natural or Sunburst? I'd pick the Natural finish, myself.

If Fender ever built a DeVille head, I'd be the first one in line.
  • Options
    I like the natural better.
  • Options
    the sunburst looks like ass. the natural is way nicer.

and ditto on the deville head. i used to have a deville 4x10 but it was just more amp then i needed.
  • Options
    Some day, I'll find a DeVille in a guitar shop or pawn shop that has been wrecked and beat up and the speaker section will be completely destroyed, and I'll either cut down the cabinet or rebuild a custom cabinet and have a DeVille head.

I mean, you figure that a head version should have a street price of $600, if the new combos are $740 for the 2 x 12" and $770 for the 4 x 10".
  • Options
    I've seen an old fender Bassman head from the 60's. Also I've seen one deluxe head done by the fender custom shop years ago.
  • Options
    For sure, they would be easy to do. Just cut the speakers off the box and re-finish it. Problem is, you either have to buy a box at full cost and remove the speakers, or find one wrecked or damaged like I said before. Sort of a crapshoot for us folks on a budget.

Then again, I could buy the 4 x 10" DeVille, and cut the cabinet in half, build the one into a head and the other into an enclosed 4 x 10" speaker box. That would be pretty sweet. Oh, and those Eminence speakers would have to go. Jensen P10R's, for sure.
  • Options
    someone just make me a nice little 15W head with reverb. nothing fancy. just volume/bass/treble/reverb. and it saturates beautifully.
  • Options
    eminence lick balls. I like the Jensens and the Webers.

How would alnico's like tone tubby's sound you think?
  • Options
    Never heard 'em.

The Weber/Jensen combo in that Robin Amps Bassman would be perfect for me.
  • Options
    weber's rock. A broun sound makes tone tubbies.
  • Options
    $800 for a 2 x 10" cab, they better be good...

I don't know. Hemp is definitely a great fibre, but I can't help but think it's a gimmick more than it's an improvement in sound quality. I'd probably just go with Webers.
  • Options
    yeah. I gathered that too. Guitars kind of shit on modern technology. Where as everybody in the speaker field is using laminates and aluminum/titanium cones etc. Pulp cones are still what we all lust for. Pulp cones and alnico mags. with a little blue paint.
  • Options
    So, Jensen P10Rs or Weber Blue Pups.
  • Options
    If you were a girl.....I'd marry you :)
  • Options
    Awww.... *blush*

And we'd "make beautiful music together," I assume?

God, I gotta lay off the sauce when I'm online.