Options

Ex. I need to know where to get a Boss Jack from and how hard one is to wire up.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just wondering. I either need another adapter for a pin style or I'm gonna have to pay analog man to put a boss style jack in my dyna comp (dyna ross to saffron squeeze specs if I get the mod) if I can't do it myself. Well it's that or the Rat.

looks like the mod will cost me a hundred bucks that's why I was kind of looking elsewhere and wondering what installing a boss jack would entail especially since this thing is the new style with the f-ing jacks on the board. I'm still considering e baying this thing. Its ok some days others it's scratchy really wierd like something isn't making good contact. Oh well. Barber's tone press is 139 and it has a cool green light in the same hammond enclosure as my direct drive and I know its built like a tank.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=241377&e_categoryid=47&e_pcodeid=1603

buy one of those. it's just a matter of drilling a hole in the case and snapping that jack in, cutting the battery clip off and connecting the wires to the DC jack. that's all i did with my muff. piece of cake.

only tricky bit is getting a drill bit for metal.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by exhausted
    only tricky bit is getting a drill bit for metal.

Well, do you have to drill a completely new hole, or just re-size the old one?

Go to any welding or machine shop and they'd drill the hole for you. Home Depot or Ace Hardware or any other hardware store should have single metal drill bits for sale.

Drilling a brand new hole could be scary... I'd almost have a machinist do it for me, just to be safe. But if you just make the existing hole bigger, heck, you could do that easy. My only concern with that is putting so much pressure on the side of the casing that you bend the sidewall. Those die-cast steel boxes are tough, but that means you gotta lean on the drill a little bit.

Anyways, good luck. I admire your motivation, I'd just toss it in my box and get a new one.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    It's just a new bigger hole. 2.5 mm standard boss jack size. Thanks. I think I'll just try to find a pin adaptor first becase that's the path of least resistance.

I've got to get a George L's pedal kid or order 5 from Keeley. It's cheaper I think when you see that you get shrink wrap too. and now I might need another chain for my power all. All this keeping me from sweet fake tube leslie sound. I found a rotosphere on Ebay for 189.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    oh sorry. didn't realize there was already a hole.

was the 189 the "buy it now" or was the bidding at 189 at the time?
  • Options
    bidding but the reserve was met and there was only a couple of hours left last night.
  • Options
    i wonder what it finally went for. seems like a good deal. there are a couple others in that range. one with about 3 hours left and it's 200.
  • Options
    I think I'll stick with the EH. More phasey like a Uni-Vibe. If I wanted clean I'd get a rotovibe.