Options

ok for those that want a deal

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    God, that is a beautiful sight.

Now, if I just had a 2 x 12" Orange cab to go underneath that.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    check what else he's selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38083&item=2565017994

Holy crap. Whoever that guy is he's either really rich or a really good musician.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    since the AD30 guy won't ship to canada.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2564912166&category=10171

i found an AD15. not that i'm buying it.
  • Options
    HiwattHiwatt Posts: 19
    Have you guys ever played an "AD30"? I had one last year for about 2 weeks and I sold it. That amp sucked ass, 30 watts class A was not loud at all and the distortion was only good if you were using humbuckers. My tele's and my strat were god awful. The distortion was only good once I threw a ts-808 in front of it as a boost/slight drive. The clean on this amp was a fucking joke. Hands down the worst tube amp I have ever played. Also, you couldn't gig with this amp. I recorded one song with this amp in a studio and it sounded fucking sweet. Here was the setup

AD30 into a marshall 1960bx green back cab, and also into a 2X12 vintage 30's cab. Volume, Bass, and Gain on 10. I used a Gibson Les Paul with 57 pups, I ran that straight into a ts-808 with the gain half way and the volume 3/4. It was the thickest, warmest distortion I have ever heard. It was the "Orange" sound for sure but look what it took to get that. No pratical for $1100 brand new.
  • Options
    HiwattHiwatt Posts: 19
    By the way that Telecaster is a fake I'm pretty sure. The finish on the neck would be way more yellowish, the metal would not be nearly that shinny, and there is no serial number on the back of the neck. I don't believe Fender ever dated guitar bodies with tape. The true test is to take the neck off and look what the date is there. This looks like a custom shop relic telecaster. Also tele's are not worth $20,000. Let me know what you guy's think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hiwatt
    Have you guys ever played an "AD30"? I had one last year for about 2 weeks and I sold it. That amp sucked ass, 30 watts class A was not loud at all and the distortion was only good if you were using humbuckers. My tele's and my strat were god awful. The distortion was only good once I threw a ts-808 in front of it as a boost/slight drive. The clean on this amp was a fucking joke. Hands down the worst tube amp I have ever played. Also, you couldn't gig with this amp. I recorded one song with this amp in a studio and it sounded fucking sweet. Here was the setup

AD30 into a marshall 1960bx green back cab, and also into a 2X12 vintage 30's cab. Volume, Bass, and Gain on 10. I used a Gibson Les Paul with 57 pups, I ran that straight into a ts-808 with the gain half way and the volume 3/4. It was the thickest, warmest distortion I have ever heard. It was the "Orange" sound for sure but look what it took to get that. No pratical for $1100 brand new.

Probably slightly over rated. I like the AD30 I hate the AC30 unreliable and noisy as hell.

Try an Orange AD140 or an old OTR That will give you the volume you seek.

The Orange Retro 50 is a killer amp. You may like Matamp too but it sounds like you like the more glassy top end Hiwatts with Mullards.

The Hiwatts are probably the best vintage deal. Reliable as a tank and loud as hell. That's why Pete used em. Try a DR 503 with a Zvex super duper. It'll tear your head off.
  • Options
    While I appreciate Orange's amplifiers, I greatly prefer their speaker cabinets. Sure, it's just plywood and Celestions, but that tolex is gorgeous. I would love to find a 2 x 12" Orange cab with Greenbacks.
  • Options
    If this thing does what he says it does, it would be the Amp of the Year, in my book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2565070227&category=10171
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    While I appreciate Orange's amplifiers, I greatly prefer their speaker cabinets. Sure, it's just plywood and Celestions, but that tolex is gorgeous. I would love to find a 2 x 12" Orange cab with Greenbacks.

The build quality is better than any other speaker cab maker except Matamp.

You can get Fane's if you prefer them as well.