Options

My GC Pedal came in the Mail.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Really well built. Solid. Good switches. Uber bright lights holy crap. You could see this on stage if you were Jeff Healy.

My problem. 1 not enough cables. 2 cables are too big ( I need some George L's and a staple gun so I can navigate my pedal board.

Kill switch is cool. a little difficult but once I get some velcro and practice a bit I'll have it down.

Thanks Exhausted it's great. Very simple and practical. I like it a lot, but I'll like it better when I get my other pedals and get this thing mounted and plugged in right.

Saw Widespread Panic for the first time this weekend. 5th row center. General Admission. I didn't even know I was going until Saturday.

Their new guitar player is phenominal even covered Johnny Winter. They've got the coolest organ piano set up that was amazing. Oteil from the Allman Bros Band came out and did a duet with the guy from widespread. Two 6 string basses. Really cool.

They also did an Ed favorite, Trouble by Cat Stephens.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    cool. that didn't take too long then. i hope it works out for you. let me know if there are any problems.

that kill switch is a bit tricky. i'm going to try to figure out a better way of doing that on future ones.
  • Options
    I like having it on the floor. It's cool. Even the package looks cool.

I had a little trouble findind out what to send which cable to at first. I don't quite have enough cables as of yet either and it's been ages since I hooked up an effects loop. I put the end of the chain into the in slot and the send to the amp is that right? then plugged the A input to my strat copy and I got sound. I got direct sound out of A but also indirect sound out of B but maybe I have it hooked up wrong. It dosen't matter anyway because I'll have another guitar in B as it is. Tuner Mute is nice it will be excellent and professional on stage I won't be reaching for the standby every 5 seconds.

The guy from Widespread had our dream amps.... dirty a blackface (middle 60's) Super Reverb and a Silver face (post CBS late 60's early 70's) Deluxe Reverb for his cleans. Pretty damn cool huh. We have good taste.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    well, the way you've got it hooked up works too. it's not like you can blow it up anyway since it's not active.

you're going the opposite way i use it so

if you're doing two guitars into one amp go:

gtr -> A (or B) jack -> out the return jack to your effects. -> from your effects to the send line. -> hook your amp to the 'in' jack.

only thing is you wouldn't get a pure signal for tuning unless your effects were turned off.

this is the opposite signal direction than i had in mind when i built it but it'll work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    well, the way you've got it hooked up works too. it's not like you can blow it up anyway since it's not active.

you're going the opposite way i use it so

if you're doing two guitars into one amp go:

gtr -> A (or B) jack -> out the return jack to your effects. -> from your effects to the send line. -> hook your amp to the 'in' jack.

only thing is you wouldn't get a pure signal for tuning unless your effects were turned off.

this is the opposite signal direction than i had in mind when i built it but it'll work.

Ok I tried your way it works better and there's no bleed between channels. I told you I had it hooked up backwards the amp was in the wrong place. damnit so many cords. but the lights the pretty lights. Where is my staple gun?
  • Options
    that's cool. there should be no bleed at all. the guy that i made one for here says he can hear bleed which concerns me.
  • Options
    he's probably got it backwards too. Effects loops bleed. If the cables aren't hooked up right the effects and signal will blead through the AB.
  • Options
    if he's got it hooked up wrong, he's dumber than he looks. he designed the circuit for that one. :)
  • Options
    ah. where as I'm not as dumb as I look.

It's going to cost me a fortune to equip this damn pedal board.

Analogman just informed me it would be better to abandon the Dyna Comp rather than mod it. Guess I'll sell it as a block.
  • Options
    i'd just keep the box. someday you'll be able to fix it yourself. use it as a paperweight or something.
  • Options
    just a note. if you happen to decide to do a review of it anywhere can you use GCPedals.

that's the name i'm going with. the grumpy cockatiel will be the mascot though.