Options

umm fellows....a tube delay with 2600ms wow!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
yes it's new from guyatone, the flip series.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guya1.htm
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I've decided. I'm getting a guyatone MD-3. It should suit my needs well.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i've heard nothing but good things about it.

and really, who needs anything over a second for delay time?
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i've heard nothing but good things about it.

and really, who needs anything over a second for delay time?

unless it's a loop I can't tell you who would. I think 2600 MS is great flexibility and the little slide switch and self ocillation sells it. I know Guyatone sounds good. I just can't spring 220 for the delay right now anyway.
  • Options
    apparently, the md-3 goes to 2.6 seconds too.
  • Options
    apparently, the md-3 goes to 2.6 seconds too.

just like the tube echo. I think they have a great circuit. The brilliance of that is the flexibility in that switch, the delay time corresponds with the switch position, there for on S the max delay is only a slap back, medium is more, long is rediculously long. Tracking is perfect. I think you can dial in a more precise delay with the md-3 than with a boss or digitech. Not as flexible as the DL-4 but no where near that price either.
  • Options
    you'd find with the DL4 that you'd gravitate towards one model anyway. though i use some of the other ones from time to time for weird effects etc, my main model is a DM-2 albeit with a longer delay than the DM-2 can achieve.
  • Options
    you'd find with the DL4 that you'd gravitate towards one model anyway. though i use some of the other ones from time to time for weird effects etc, my main model is a DM-2 albeit with a longer delay than the DM-2 can achieve.

you are correct sir. that's why I didn't buy a DL-4 sooner. I like one or two and the loop sampler but I don't need that many types of delay same with the boss. Sure no reverse delay but could I use it anyway? Probably not. The self osilation of the MD-3 should be cool but I bet the Flip series tube echo is even cooler.
  • Options
    I have heard many bad things about the Flip Tube series. There is too much noise/ hiss. You are warned.
    PJ + AIC = LoveThemBones
  • Options
    Originally posted by LoveThemBones
    I have heard many bad things about the Flip Tube series. There is too much noise/ hiss. You are warned.

thank you. I was wondering about this given all that heat and the general microphonics that are often associated with tubes.

I've decided on the cheaper and simpler MD-3.
  • Options
    This pedal is nothing but trouble. Too much hiss. Don't get it. Read the HC reviews!
    PJ + AIC = LoveThemBones
  • Options
    I heard and read and decided against it. Warmth good but too much heat in a small package creates noise problems. Still searching for one good delay tone.
  • Options
    Well, we have decided against the Flip series, good idea! I have also been looking for a new delay pedal. You have to decide if you want analog (warmer) or digital (modern-sounding). Does it matter if its true bypass? For me, it should be true bypass. And price. Great delays cost a fortune! I currently have an Akai E1 headrush. Its not true bypass, which is why I want to switch. I found out the hard way that a person only needs about, the max, 800ms of delay (if that much). I also am now looking at analog over digital. Maxon makes a great pedal from its Vintage Series, but it costs $$$! The memory man is too big and I've tried one at Sam Ash. It made wierd noises (like spitting and hissing) while I turned the knobs. Most of those come from the factory as true bypass. I voted against it. DLS is coming out with a new digital pedal that will be pricey but with be a tad smaller than the one they have now. I haven't thrown out the option of digitals yet! The Black Box Quicksilver is $400! Its a hybrid (analog + digital) and can give you plenty of cool sounds. Plus tap tempo. I need suggestions. Maybe one of you guys can give me some options. Together we will find the perfect delay pedal!
    PJ + AIC = LoveThemBones
  • Options
    boss DD-20 is gaining fans. and it's $30 less than the line6 DL4.