Options

why the fuck does Ebay require a bank account.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I guess I'm not selling anything, I'm not dumb enough to give them a routing number to my bank that's fucking stupid I'm not putting that out on the internet.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I guess I'm not selling anything, I'm not dumb enough to give them a routing number to my bank that's fucking stupid

???

they only needed a credit card from me.
  • Options
    that's what I thought. they ask me for a bank account.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    One would guess it's part of their fraud-protection system... so you don't dick anyone over...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    yeah well fuck you Ebay and Ebay employees. I don't trust them with my bank money. That's fucking idiotic to put that out there.

I'll just eat the loss.

the credit card is plenty to verify your existance.
  • Options
    My opinion is that they won't fuck with your bank account unless someone files a complaint. They're a big corporate entity, they won't pull anything stupid, like drain your account. But I'm not saying "Do it," if you don't feel comfortable. Hell, I never have much money in the bank anyways, so they can't steal much from me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    My opinion is that they won't fuck with your bank account unless someone files a complaint. They're a big corporate entity, they won't pull anything stupid, like drain your account. But I'm not saying "Do it," if you don't feel comfortable. Hell, I never have much money in the bank anyways, so they can't steal much from me.

its not them I worry about it's thier employees and who ever else gets access to Ebay servers. they've never required a bank account before.
  • Options
    Well, see, if one of their employees drains your account, you sue eBay for failing to protect your private information, get a phatty settlement, and buy that '66 Deluxe Reverb I showed you the other day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Well, see, if one of their employees drains your account, you sue eBay for failing to protect your private information, get a phatty settlement, and buy that '66 Deluxe Reverb I showed you the other day.

haha! right on
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissUAlready
    haha! right on

Well, that's the way I look at it, anyways.
  • Options
    I agree in full
  • Options
    part of the bank account is because you get charged for posting items to sell. so they need to know what to charge to. and part for fraud protection so you arent ripping people off.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dannyschmanny
    part of the bank account is because you get charged for posting items to sell. so they need to know what to charge to. and part for fraud protection so you arent ripping people off.

yes, but could they not just charge my credit card?