Options

I've seen heaven too and I said hello.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
They will be mine O yes.

Especially that beauty on the right.

http://www.fatsoundguitars.com/

one of my favorite drooling sights.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    That little BadCat looks pretty nice... where's exhausted? My buddy could use a good little amp like that to record with.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    By the way, how many people on this board are going to find heaven? Just so I know...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that mini-cat is cool. too bad it'll have the 398234% premium for the lineage.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    that mini-cat is cool. too bad it'll have the 398234% premium for the lineage.

Yeah that sucks. If we had the change to buy a matchless we'd probably have enough to buy a lot more stuff too.

It's probably well over a grand. I bet you could do just as good using the cheaper one. Hand wired is hand wired. If you've got the right components it'll sound good.

I want that freaking Strat. It's gorgeous but I'd rather have a closet classic.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'll just get a pro junior. i tried one the other day with a hotplate. dimed the volume and kept the tone at 12 o'clock. it was perfect.
  • Options
    i'll just get a pro junior. i tried one the other day with a hotplate. dimed the volume and kept the tone at 12 o'clock. it was perfect.

great huh. imagine it with a smoother speaker and better tubes.
  • Options
    those upgrades wouldn't cost much at all. i think it would be a pretty sweet way to get the EL84 sound at a low price.

my shop had the "woody" limited edition but i wasn't about to drop $700US on it. it was used and scratched up a bit.
  • Options
    those upgrades wouldn't cost much at all. i think it would be a pretty sweet way to get the EL84 sound at a low price.

my shop had the "woody" limited edition but i wasn't about to drop $700US on it. it was used and scratched up a bit.

strip the tolex off your self slap some figured maple or walnut whatever over the top of the bare wood and gloss it. GC custom shop. Hell the Lacquered tweed Bassbreaker can be had for a little over a grand why waste 700 on a wood upgrade.

It'd cost you less than 20 bucks us to retube it and less than 100 for an awesome speaker. maybe less than 50. Alnico Jensen would be nice huh.
  • Options
    i'll find a cheap one on ebay at some point. they don't go for much it seems and i don't need new.

that being said, i'm really happy with the 6V6 sound too.
  • Options
    in fact, there's a blues junior up now for less than a new pro junior. too bad i didn't like the blues junior.
  • Options
    in fact, there's a blues junior up now for less than a new pro junior. too bad i didn't like the blues junior.

to much circuit. too bright. reverb is boomy. drive with reverb sucks even more. However, when you hot rod those things with good stuff they sound good. It'd be a great amp with no reverb. thus the reason you like the Pro Jr.