Options

strap this on your sore ass MCG....

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3057449820&category=14973

yeah it's way over priced but 350 watts!@!! Guitars are supposed to be loud. Plug it into your six ten and let it rock.

And for your bass......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572800661&category=38074
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I'm afraid of 6550 tubes....

Actually, a buddy of mine has an old Sunn Beta Lead head for guitar, it's solid-state, but it's great. He'd never part with it, though...

I think I'll stick to wanting a Bassman head. Or a Sovtek Mig. And I've got my Marshall 4x10 and my Crate 4x10 cabs for guitar... the Sunn is bass only!

That bass amp definitely isn't for me... the only tube amp I'd run my bass through is an Ampeg or Mesa Boogie.

I've thought about getting a Tech 21 Rackmount Bass Pre, and running it through a mono Boogie tube power amp, but that's $$$ I don't have right now, and I'm not playing bass right now, so it's hard to justify.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I'm afraid of 6550 tubes....

Actually, a buddy of mine has an old Sunn Beta Lead head for guitar, it's solid-state, but it's great. He'd never part with it, though...

I think I'll stick to wanting a Bassman head. Or a Sovtek Mig. And I've got my Marshall 4x10 and my Crate 4x10 cabs for guitar... the Sunn is bass only!

That bass amp definitely isn't for me... the only tube amp I'd run my bass through is an Ampeg or Mesa Boogie.

I've thought about getting a Tech 21 Rackmount Bass Pre, and running it through a mono Boogie tube power amp, but that's $$$ I don't have right now, and I'm not playing bass right now, so it's hard to justify.

Or you could just get this and have 2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572199531&category=38074#ebayphotohosting

I'm thinking of bidding but I really want a little bigger.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Mine is a year older, has a MUCH nicer Weber AlNiCo speaker (Jensen MOD? What a dumbass!), and has recently been tuned up to like-new. I can't believe that thing's at $330, with that piece of shit on the speaker baffle. Hell, mine is cleaner than that, too.

But hot damn, it would be great for stereo...
  • Options
    Mine is a year older, has a MUCH nicer Weber AlNiCo speaker (Jensen MOD? What a dumbass!), and has recently been tuned up to like-new. I can't believe that thing's at $330, with that piece of shit on the speaker baffle. Hell, mine is cleaner than that, too.

But hot damn, it would be great for stereo...

It would cost you under what most go for to get a weber and better tubes than what ever this guy put in.
  • Options
    My good Lord...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572349344&category=10171

I want that more than life itself...

BTW, what gives with the "Strap this on" thing? People will start thinking I'm gay or something.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And Tahiti? WTF?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    It would cost you under what most go for to get a weber and better tubes than what ever this guy put in.

Huh?
  • Options
    Huh?

that era vibro champs go for around 500 down here in Ga.

A weber and good new tubes would still leave you cheaper than that. then again maybe I should buy it that and a Pete Townsend SG. Yeah. That sounds good.

The sovteks MIG 50's are around the same price they are cool and you could find one at a pawn shop.
  • Options
    Ahhhh...

I've got about $350 invested in mine, between the purchase, the repairs, two sets of tubes, and the speaker. But all the caps work great, the tubes sing, the speaker is amazing (and bullet-proof) and the plug, God bless it, is finally grounded. I figure tube maintenance will get me through another 10 years on that puppy.
  • Options
    Ahhhh...

I've got about $350 invested in mine, between the purchase, the repairs, two sets of tubes, and the speaker. But all the caps work great, the tubes sing, the speaker is amazing (and bullet-proof) and the plug, God bless it, is finally grounded. I figure tube maintenance will get me through another 10 years on that puppy.

easily. Sounds even better now too right?
  • Options
    Well, not as much character, but as the caps, resistor, tubes, and speaker break in, it'll get better. That's the problem with rebuilding a vintage amp... you lose some of that vintage vibe. I might just bring it to the bars this weekend, and ask people to chain-smoke into the open back. That'll age it all pretty quick...

Actually, the thing I noticed first was the lack of sensitivity in the Volume pot. It used to be pretty touchy, now it's smooth as butter.

I took apart my old shitty LP last night... turns out it's a Lego job. Bunch of blocks of wood sandwiched between shaped plywood. Stupid Japanese LP knock-off. I need a new bridge and tailpiece, new volume and tone pots, new tuners, and new pickups. Where to start? Probably a Gibson bridge and stop tailpiece, maybe with graphite saddles in the bridge. Grover tuners. Those Gibson P-94's.

Hey, you guys have any recommendations on volume/tone pots and a three-way LP switch? I would probably just do factory Gibson, but exhausted and paco, you guys might have some ideas...???
  • Options
    http://www.allparts.com

http://www.wdmusic.com

It's all up to you really, I'd put resistors on the pot so you don't lose the high end when you roll off. It's listed in different places.

CTS pots and bumble bee resistors are supposed to be the best most accurate of the late 50's LP's but they can get pricey. Check Ebay too. The P-94's are probably great. I think Rio Grande also makes a variety of humbucker fit P-90's as well.

tonepros bridges look nice. I'd like to have a graphite saddle set though for my LP if I could find one.
  • Options
    I wonder if I dare put 1-meg pots on P-94's...

Hmm...
  • Options
    I wonder if I dare put 1-meg pots on P-94's...

Hmm...

why not? People do it on Strats to eliminate losing the highs. P-94's are single coils. Essentially it just gives you more play. I think anyway. I could be wrong.