Options

new clean boost. 24V

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    hell of a deal. the idea of driving both channels of my blackface is appealing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    hell of a deal. the idea of driving both channels of my blackface is appealing.

thus the reason I posted it, so many fender amp fans on here. but you've already got a pharaoh. This one is 24V though. Imagine the clarity.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i love my pharaoh. but the shop here carries barber so if one appears, i'll try it.
  • Options
    i love my pharaoh. but the shop here carries barber so if one appears, i'll try it.

ok man, let me run this by you. I have a barber DD (love it it's awesome) A keeley Rat. Also very cool, I was using it as a boost but now it's mainly a second gain stage and it's versatile. I want a Keeley Comp a delay and a vibe. After that maybe a fuzz but I'm also considering this booster because of the clean stuff. I don't know. I guess I should buy cables and stuff first. I'm going to go to all George L's.

Also, I tried to use the Aux jack on the AB box to my tuner the other day and I couldn't get a signal. Am I doing something wrong. I have the cable from AUX to AUX in on my tuner. It should show signal when engaged right?
  • Options
    hmm. let's see.

connect the "aux" out of the box to the regular "in" of your tuner. then hit the right-hand footswitch. that should kill the outputs to the amp and give you a signal on the tuner.

post the link to that pic of your pedalboard again so i can see how everything's connected.

as for the other stuff. i would tend to do the airbrake/hotplate thing so you can get into the natural overdrive of your amp before i bought more distortion. then some form of clean boost would work really well as an overdrive pedal b/c you could push into saturation very easily. but you like headroom so i don't know if you want to do this. depends i guess.

george l's shouldn't be too expensive for you since you have less to hook up.

i'd tend to get a delay before a vibe.
  • Options
    hmm. let's see.

connect the "aux" out of the box to the regular "in" of your tuner. then hit the right-hand footswitch. that should kill the outputs to the amp and give you a signal on the tuner.

post the link to that pic of your pedalboard again so i can see how everything's connected.

as for the other stuff. i would tend to do the airbrake/hotplate thing so you can get into the natural overdrive of your amp before i bought more distortion. then some form of clean boost would work really well as an overdrive pedal b/c you could push into saturation very easily. but you like headroom so i don't know if you want to do this. depends i guess.

george l's shouldn't be too expensive for you since you have less to hook up.

i'd tend to get a delay before a vibe.

sounds good. delay first huh. I guess you're right.
  • Options
    well, i mean. i can't really say. all i'm doing is recited what i know and what my favourite effects are etc. etc.

if someone asked me to suggest a rig, i'd end up configuring some version of what i play.

you'll have to decide.
  • Options
    oh I know. I'm waiting to pay off the recorder before the Keeley, I'll get something else soon though.