Options

P-90's for humbucker slots. Rio Grande.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.musictoyz.com/rio.htm#p90

any pickup called the bastard has to be cool.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ok, i want those for my LP.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    ok, i want those for my LP.

search for rio grande P/U's and see if you can find them outside of musictoyz. I love Lindy Fralins, I want a sunburst strat with Lindy Fralin blues p/u's a glossy neck with ebony fretboard, and an SG with P-90's. Imagine the's P/U's in an SG faded. Sounds like fun to me.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The Bastard/Fat Bastard combo would probably fit my needs, although I wish I could A/B them against the P-94. But the available Creme finish might push me in that direction. My LP is shiny black, so a creme soapbar look would be sweet... the P-94's come looking like a nickel-covered humbucker.

I'll be keeping that stuff in mind, when I get the $$$ for my rebuild.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    The Bastard/Fat Bastard combo would probably fit my needs, although I wish I could A/B them against the P-94. But the available Creme finish might push me in that direction. My LP is shiny black, so a creme soapbar look would be sweet... the P-94's come looking like a nickel-covered humbucker.

I'll be keeping that stuff in mind, when I get the $$$ for my rebuild.

I' can't really tell you the difference sorry. They are both quality and will sound good I know so basically you really are shopping colors. Creme would be cool.
  • Options
    My only concern was a reference to a Texas boost... I'm just wondering what that entails, and how radical a difference it is.
  • Options
    basically hot P-90 with more mids. A la SRV and Eric Johnson.
  • Options
    My impression was along those lines... like, "Really sings with a Tubescreamer."