Options

My new Weber Mini Mass is Here!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yay!, Pero, the fucking speaker input cord is too short, oh well, off to radio shack for an extension.

It looks pretty cool. The price was right.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    enjoy, it is a great tool to have around... adds a lot of versatility... especially with my amp only having two knobs.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    enjoy, it is a great tool to have around... adds a lot of versatility... especially with my amp only having two knobs.

This is true, But 2 knobs mean no bullshit. Hell mine only has 5.

Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, and Master Volume

I like it raw too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Cool, paco!
    I was just looking at one of those for my deluxe reverb. I think I'll get the same one. Weber make such great speakers, this has got to be good.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Cool, paco!
    I was just looking at one of those for my deluxe reverb. I think I'll get the same one. Weber make such great speakers, this has got to be good.

I bet the neighbors would rather hear it on the Marshall :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I bet the neighbors would rather hear it on the Marshall :)

As long as I play in tune, they don't mind.
    I saw them the other day, and they were cracking up as a matter of fact. I have like an acre, and am about 300 feet from them. They said the china WAS rattling when I was cranking it the other night. The Marshall is leaving tomorrow, back to my brother's.

My loudest amp is a boogie mark II b head from 1983. The guy I got it from had it custom made, and it's 160 watts with six 6L6s in it. It blows away an svt,,, I think. At those volumes it's hard to tell! I don't know who to sell that to,,,, maybe Carlos.
    Be kind, man
    As long as I play in tune, they don't mind.
    I saw them the other day, and they were cracking up as a matter of fact. I have like an acre, and am about 300 feet from them. They said the china WAS rattling when I was cranking it the other night. The Marshall is leaving tomorrow, back to my brother's.

My loudest amp is a boogie mark II b head from 1983. The guy I got it from had it custom made, and it's 160 watts with six 6L6s in it. It blows away an svt,,, I think. At those volumes it's hard to tell! I don't know who to sell that to,,,, maybe Carlos.

dear lord, 6 6L6's. that's unbelieveable. And clean as you can get too.

You could probably hook 4 4x12's to it with no problems.

That's loud. Pete would love it.
  • Options
    dear lord, 6 6L6's. that's unbelieveable. And clean as you can get too.

You could probably hook 4 4x12's to it with no problems.

That's loud. Pete would love it.

I does have a bit of headroom!

And a powerful fan.
    Here is what Mesa is like:
    I asked Mesa about it once (maybe 2 years ago), they didn't believe me that they made it at first (jokingly) that they don't make that size. The girl on the phone checked around for me, and one of the techs said "oh, yeah,, I remember that one", checked his records and told me all about it and the custom internal wiring. He talked for like an hour to me! Good people there.
    Be kind, man
    I does have a bit of headroom!

And a powerful fan.
    Here is what Mesa is like:
    I asked Mesa about it once (maybe 2 years ago), they didn't believe me that they made it at first (jokingly) that they don't make that size. The girl on the phone checked around for me, and one of the techs said "oh, yeah,, I remember that one", checked his records and told me all about it and the custom internal wiring. He talked for like an hour to me! Good people there.

That's what I love about Mesa. the same 20 or so guys have been doing it forever, only recently did they get bigger, I was skeptical to the F series for a while, I was wrong, those things are killer balls out amps, they are just plain in looks only.
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    speaking of loud amps... what? SPEAKING OF LOUD AMPS...:D

seriously though, have any of you ever heard a Hiwatt 200... either 6 EL-84s or 4 KT-88s... that thing is loud...

I heard it through two se4123s and my ears hurt even with ear plugs in... it really made your clothes flap in the breeze...

It would be great to play arenas that still needed that kind of swat. The power of a big open E chord would make your jaw drop.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    That's what I love about Mesa. the same 20 or so guys have been doing it forever, only recently did they get bigger, I was skeptical to the F series for a while, I was wrong, those things are killer balls out amps, they are just plain in looks only.

I think they look like great amps. They are sort of an upgraded DC series I think. I was just looking at some of them, they are going back to simple. I have a DC-5. It actually is one of my favorites, but only after fiddling with it for a long time. I used dayglo paint, different colors for each setting, on the controls because it is so touchy, and to change it on stage was always a risk..It loses it's tone very easily if you don't set it exactly.
    Be kind, man
    I think they look like great amps. They are sort of an upgraded DC series I think. I was just looking at some of them, they are going back to simple. I have a DC-5. It actually is one of my favorites, but only after fiddling with it for a long time. I used dayglo paint, different colors for each setting, on the controls because it is so touchy, and to change it on stage was always a risk..It loses it's tone very easily if you don't set it exactly.

I love blue angels (ha ha Ex) Some people are perplexed and confused with the road kings or the ability of their amps to get any tone you want if you have the patience so back to simplicity ala mark 1's will be nice for some people.

Me, I like all of them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by House53
    speaking of loud amps... what? SPEAKING OF LOUD AMPS...:D

seriously though, have any of you ever heard a Hiwatt 200... either 6 EL-84s or 4 KT-88s... that thing is loud...

I heard it through two se4123s and my ears hurt even with ear plugs in... it really made your clothes flap in the breeze...

It would be great to play arenas that still needed that kind of swat. The power of a big open E chord would make your jaw drop.

I've never heard one, I've seen them. I bet it has some decibels.

I used to tour in the 70's and 80's and for a while, used ampeg SVT 300 watt with six 6550's with the 8x10 cabinet for guitar. (they were hot for a while because the Stones toured with them. That was friggin loud, but was in big places.
    I think this story was around here, once. Our friend is this 5 foot tall woman that placed bass in a ska/punk band. That rig towered over her. One night at CBGB's that thing caught fire and smoked like you wouldn't believe! The screech and the roar was amazing, as was the looks on the bands' faces when they turned around and saw the flames!
    Be kind, man