Damn You Midtown Music why must you tease me.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47073&item=3722358265&rd=1

I've really got to find that fucking store so I can play thier DR-Z's

I'm thinking of trading the orange for a Maz-18 NR head and 2x10 cab. the NR comes with an Effects loop I could easily run a digital EH holy grail through.

as you can tell by the pic, they sell Aiken Amps too. Actually I think I prefer the non aged Pete Townsend Like House 53 has.

definately scope the inventory folks. http://www.midtownmusic.com

much of the stuff we may never be able to afford but it's worth a drool.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    That is a bit nicer looking than mine...

meaning it has an inlayed Gibson logo and that worn in finish all over...

I actually have worn the finish in where my arm rests and all over the neck...

The wood would be similar... my guitar is a one piece body and one piece neck... very resonant.

Re: the Dr. Z stuff. The Maz 18 is great... a bit brighter and more nasally than my ghia I have found... but a Holy grail works very well with most Z amps.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    That is a bit nicer looking than mine...

meaning it has an inlayed Gibson logo and that worn in finish all over...

I actually have worn the finish in where my arm rests and all over the neck...

The wood would be similar... my guitar is a one piece body and one piece neck... very resonant.

Re: the Dr. Z stuff. The Maz 18 is great... a bit brighter and more nasally than my ghia I have found... but a Holy grail works very well with most Z amps.

The more I enjoy the less is more thing and your opinions of the Ghia. I really want one. I'd love to have a Z-28 or Super Z for the Fender Sound, and a Ghia or KT-45 for the other stuff. but the double version is cool too. I don't need more than 18 watts. I know the Ghia smokes. Still the Route 66 has such a good rep.

I think I'd have to go with one of those over the Maz. Do you have an effects loop in the Ghia? I think it's a $75.00 up charge. but I'd love to run my delay and a reverb in a loop.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    No, I don't have an effects loop... I have played a Ghia that does... the delay worked well in that setup.

I don't use a lot of effects... as you know... so I didn't need a loop.

The Z-best cab is a great match with the Ghia too...

You can get a rock solid, handbuilt, smokin' setup for $1700 (w/ effects loop)... custom colors and any standard celestions of your choice... that's a pretty good deal.
    There's No Code.
    No, I don't have an effects loop... I have played a Ghia that does... the delay worked well in that setup.

I don't use a lot of effects... as you know... so I didn't need a loop.

The Z-best cab is a great match with the Ghia too...

You can get a rock solid, handbuilt, smokin' setup for $1700 (w/ effects loop)... custom colors and any standard celestions of your choice... that's a pretty good deal.

yeah, when you consider the price of vintage these days. why not get handbuilt new just like the old style? It's a pretty great deal

Fat Sound has a red Z best cab with Webbers for 499 I think.
    That's a good deal... I paid full price for my cab...

I like Weber's speakers... especially the silver and blue bell copies...

Stu is great to deal with as well.
    There's No Code.
    That's a good deal... I paid full price for my cab...

I like Weber's speakers... especially the silver and blue bell copies...

Stu is great to deal with as well.

actually that's for the 2x12.

The 2x10 open back with fanes is $449 not bad at all.

turns out all z's are self biasing so you can swap out brands and tubes no problem.
    That's true of all the EL-84 amps... yes...Dr. Z gives a discussion about this on his site...

that's a great deal on a 212... the 210 is a pretty good deal too... Fanes are typically very efficient... different sound than celestions.
    There's No Code.
    That's true of all the EL-84 amps... yes...Dr. Z gives a discussion about this on his site...

that's a great deal on a 212... the 210 is a pretty good deal too... Fanes are typically very efficient... different sound than celestions.

yeah, more hiwatty.
    I would love to run my Ghia and either a DR504 or a KT-45 in an AB rig... that would be wonderful...

Hiwatts are beautiful for clean to semi distorted tones...

I was bidding on a DR-504 reissue on ebay... the seller ended the auction early.
    There's No Code.
    I would love to run my Ghia and either a DR504 or a KT-45 in an AB rig... that would be wonderful...

Hiwatts are beautiful for clean to semi distorted tones...

I was bidding on a DR-504 reissue on ebay... the seller ended the auction early.

yeah, they are freaking sweet. I don't really know of too many amps that can do that sound like a hiwatt. You could look for an old Bulldog. That'd be cool to run with the Ghia. Then again. Why not just get another Ghia run them in stereo. :D
    I think I would go for a Z-28 to run in stereo... pan between the fender and british tones... I just need a lot more money to run through somes amps and find the best setup.

a Bulldog would be great...
    There's No Code.