Options

why does Tom Delonge command so much marketshare?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Doug RDoug R Posts: 34
    wow, now a gibson.....I've never been a fan of Blinks music but I sure do enjoy my Delong strat.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doug R
    wow, now a gibson.....I've never been a fan of Blinks music but I sure do enjoy my Delong strat.....

I bet this one sounds great too. It's in essence a stripped down single PU 335 wound extra hot. He tore up a Taylor on TV the other day. I can't support people that smash nice guitars. I'm sure he's nice and all but than made me cry.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm sorry but it looks like a bucket of smashed assholes. and it'll sell for $3000US. how many fucking blink fans have $3000 to spend on a guitar? and when they do, why would they spend it on one so limited in range.
  • Options
    I thought it looked more like a fancy miniature chocolate with a light cream topping...
  • Options
    It is ugly an ugly as piss color. Looks like a bad andes mint.

It's a Gibson Memphis 333 with one p/u. It's not worth over about $1000
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The DeLonge Strat is pretty cheap, I have a feeling they'll keep the price on this one down a bit, too... it'll be spendy, being a hollow-body Gibson, but it won't be as high as Lucille...

It is gawd-aweful ugly...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    I hate blink 182. i can't find a more useless band than them. whiney voices, sucky power chords, no solos. It's so damn boring. Can you say "four chord wonder" because i can!

Bastards...anyway, that guitar doesn't look that great, and the delonge strat sucks too
    My mind is not for rent,
    To any god or government.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I've shit things that looked better than that guitar.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    I kinda like the guitar, but hell I'm a drummer. Even if Blink's music is not that good, I've got immense respect for Travis Barker. I think he's just amazing behind the skins....
    "I have wished for so long, how I wish for you today"--Long Road
  • Options
    Hey Telemaster, What dont you like about the strat? I have one and I love it....
  • Options
    The signature strat is a piece of junk... no offense to anyone that plays it but c'mon I'm sure the blurb from Fender when they came out included "who needs more than one pickup?"
  • Options
    looks crap, just like Blink sounds. Why do it? hes got fender, which is more than he should have.

Not a big Blink fan at all. Whoever got inot the about the 4 chord thing, no solos etc was dead right. Simple, repetive stuff.
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by rob260
    The signature strat is a piece of junk... no offense to anyone that plays it but c'mon I'm sure the blurb from Fender when they came out included "who needs more than one pickup?"

I have a custom Tele with a single pickup. I love it. I always use the bridge pickup when I play distorted, so what's the problem?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    My tele I use the bridge pick up most of the time, but sometimes I have it in the middle position. But rarely in neck.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com