Options

Delay Fiends Rejoice!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
SIB has a new pedal. $109.00 American.

MR. Echo. From 0-1/2 second and a slam switch (repeats to full Delay to lowest on setting non latching)

Same pedal style as Nick Nitro.

I am such a dork.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Mr-Echo.html
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    is it digital or analog?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    looks analog. It's only a 1/2 second of delay digital would be much more flexible. I haven't seen the guts yet. Given the track record of Mark Hamil and SIB I'd say it's analog built in a cheaper hammond type case. It's a new series he's created called the Pro Wrestler series. Looks like he's trying to focus a line so average players can afford to buy them. I like this trend. Quality built fairly cheap. This should rock as an echo.

I know I don't use more than about half a second of delay. I think I'll get this echo and then maybe another digital delay for longer delay times and general bullshit.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's digital. if it was analog, they'd say it was analog b.c it would help them sell it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    it's digital. if it was analog, they'd say it was analog b.c it would help them sell it.

that "slam" switch isn't something that could be done with an analog pedal for that price.

good point. Cheap price is a good indicator too I guess. I was seriously considering the Echodrive because I tried out that dano digital tape echo last weekend and it was less than impressive.
  • Options
    actually, after i read exactly what the slam switch did, it would be easy to do even on an analog pedal, all it's doing is bypassing the control pots.

485ms is a weird number for analog chips though. the only thing it could be is three 150ms chips. even the maxon AD900 has to use 4 of them.

it's too cheap to be analog.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    actually, after i read exactly what the slam switch did, it would be easy to do even on an analog pedal, all it's doing is bypassing the control pots.

485ms is a weird number for analog chips though. the only thing it could be is three 150ms chips. even the maxon AD900 has to use 4 of them.

it's too cheap to be analog.

the new rocktron short timer is undoubtedly digital (it's rocktron duh) and it's not much longer than 485ms. It probably is 3 150ms chips but no one's seen the guts yet.

Can't be the BBD chips either they aren't around anymore in a quantity that warrants a $109 pedal anyhow.

Still it's Mark Hamil (also of SMF with the former guy from Matchless) I just think he'd rather shoot himself in the foot than build digital stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Can't be the BBD chips either they aren't around anymore in a quantity that warrants a $109 pedal anyhow.

exactly. you'd need three analog chips. you aren't going to sell it for 109. and if you had an analog pedal, you'd say analog numerous times in your marketing.
  • Options
    hey no fair using logic. 3 BBD analog chips would be in excess of $300 easily as everyone elses is.

You know what I'm an idiot. It is digital. The Echodrive is digital warmed up with a tube. The original ED was analog all the new ones are digital thus the $250 price tag. I remember reading it now last night on HC.

MR. Echo is definately digital too.