Options

Hey McCreadyisGod. Slap two of these in your living room.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.matamp.com/hifi-amplification.html

buttery smooth rich warm stereo sound. Just add Vinyl.

0.04 % THD @ rated power, 0.007 % @ 1Watt rms
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    RE: the amp... that is some sweet shit, man... get on of those digital record players and the world's greatest speakers...

Here's the stat I liked the most: 15 Hz - 25 KH +/- .5dB @ 20 Watts rms.
    That is so phenomenally flat response, it's unfuckingbelievable... now if you could just find some nice warm speakers to match that response. Also, did you notice that it's tube-rectified? They didn't overlook anything. Hell, when you weren't listening to Miles Davis albums, you could take it into the studio and plug in a guitar...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Now. as for the cab... sure, it's pretty, but if they replaced the tolex and logo with it's more appealing cousin Orange... I'd be interested. It's just too bad they used Emminence speakers... if they would've used a vintage-design Celestion, that would be better, but Jensen or Weber VST alnicos would be best. So, I guess it's okay, but I'd prefer something completely different. I do wonder, however, how that rear port affects the sound.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Now. as for the cab... sure, it's pretty, but if they replaced the tolex and logo with it's more appealing cousin Orange... I'd be interested. It's just too bad they used Emminence speakers... if they would've used a vintage-design Celestion, that would be better, but Jensen or Weber VST alnicos would be best. So, I guess it's okay, but I'd prefer something completely different. I do wonder, however, how that rear port affects the sound.

I agree but Matamp will build whatever you want and put whatever you want in there. Those look like bass speakers.

It's all custom. They'll put whatever you want on it. even if they are slightly overpriced.
  • Options
    I could still probably do something custom for a lot less money and get better results...

Get some sort of bright yellow tolex, and a blood-red grillcloth and some nice Tone Tubbies...
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    RE: the amp... that is some sweet shit, man... get on of those digital record players and the world's greatest speakers...

Here's the stat I liked the most: 15 Hz - 25 KH +/- .5dB @ 20 Watts rms.
    That is so phenomenally flat response, it's unfuckingbelievable... now if you could just find some nice warm speakers to match that response. Also, did you notice that it's tube-rectified? They didn't overlook anything. Hell, when you weren't listening to Miles Davis albums, you could take it into the studio and plug in a guitar...

http://www.bwspeakers.com/

these woudl be nice or some of those new electrostatics who's name escapes me.

Polk LSI's are right up there as well.
  • Options
    I was thinking Polk, or passive Haflers.
  • Options
    I have Polk RT's I didn't want to shell out the extra amount for LSI's thier nice but pricey.