A good read on a great guitar.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Nice. Thanks for posting that.

Was there such a fuss with the Tele anniversary too? I wasn't really into guitar background that much at the time I think.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by pariah
    Nice. Thanks for posting that.

Was there such a fuss with the Tele anniversary too? I wasn't really into guitar background that much at the time I think.

no, not as big at all though it was maybe even more important since feedback from Tele (Broadcaster) players lead to the refinements that became the Stratocaster. The Strat is more widely held as the symbol of Rock and Roll. It essentially brought the electric guitar to the masses because most people could not afford a Les Paul. Leo Fender created a way to mass produce a quality guitar at a decent price.

I don't think the custom shop made a 50th anniversary Tele.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.