Hey MIG, here is your Bluesbreaker.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    That's rather pretty, I have to admit, but I could get a 2x12" cabinet with Greenbacks and have virtually the same thing out of my Sovtek. Comparing prices, that might be a bit easier, you know?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    That's rather pretty, I have to admit, but I could get a 2x12" cabinet with Greenbacks and have virtually the same thing out of my Sovtek. Comparing prices, that might be a bit easier, you know?

how much are you looking to spend on a cab because Fatsound has some used Matchless cabs for like 499 or 599 and I think.

Mojo tone speakers really are pretty cheap or webbers if you can find an old shell. I was more or less talking about the cab vs. the amp.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    how much are you looking to spend on a cab because Fatsound has some used Matchless cabs for like 499 or 599 and I think.

Mojo tone speakers really are pretty cheap or webbers if you can find an old shell. I was more or less talking about the cab vs. the amp.

I've been watching eBay for prices... I'd love to pick up a diagonally-loaded cabinet that would match the size of my 4x10" cabinets. Like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3711965590&category=10171&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'd probably end up going for a good ceramic speaker, and for my needs a set of Greenbacks would probably be fine. The other option is a Greenback and a Weber alnico (similar to an old Jensen or Fender Special Design) that I could mic whichever speaker I felt like at the time. Who knows... I don't have the money for it right now, so it doesn't really matter. But I'm looking into it.

Of course, nobody knows if the Clapton Bluesbreaker tone was out of a 2x12" Bluesbreaker or one of the very few original 4x10" Bluesbreakers...
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I've been watching eBay for prices... I'd love to pick up a diagonally-loaded cabinet that would match the size of my 4x10" cabinets. Like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3711965590&category=10171&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'd probably end up going for a good ceramic speaker, and for my needs a set of Greenbacks would probably be fine. The other option is a Greenback and a Weber alnico (similar to an old Jensen or Fender Special Design) that I could mic whichever speaker I felt like at the time. Who knows... I don't have the money for it right now, so it doesn't really matter. But I'm looking into it.

Of course, nobody knows if the Clapton Bluesbreaker tone was out of a 2x12" Bluesbreaker or one of the very few original 4x10" Bluesbreakers...

to be quite honest I wouldn't doubt the clapton Model was 4x10's

that cab is obviously from pantera who the hell else uses roland cabs?
    to be quite honest I wouldn't doubt the clapton Model was 4x10's

that cab is obviously from pantera who the hell else uses roland cabs?

That is a Randall cab... which is still kinda butt-rock (80 watts per speaker? Good god!) but not the same as Roland. I can always remove the logo and replace the speakers at some point. I've also found an empty 2x12" on eBay that I could load myself with whatever I want... what do you guys think? Two Greenbacks? A Greenback and an alnico Weber? I am so confused....
    I meant randall, brain fart. A speaker swap and it'll sound great.

I wouldn't worry about removing the logo, it's not that big of a deal.

I think you are headed in the right direction with a greenback and an alnico webber.

It just depends on how much power you'll have going to it. 50 watts or fewer a Greenback and an Alnico, that's perfect.
    I think you are headed in the right direction with a greenback and an alnico webber.

It just depends on how much power you'll have going to it. 50 watts or fewer a Greenback and an Alnico, that's perfect.

So, say a Sovtek Mig 50 putting out 45 watts of clean power... ???

Oh, hell yeah!
    plus you have two options to mic either or both.