P-90 freaks thou hast a new option.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/2004-Tempest-Special.html

cheaper too. Schecter makes quality stuff as well so you know you're getting a good one.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    shades of the RD artist in the body shape. headstock's ugly.

SD designed pups. not SD USA pups though. thumbs down. for $700 they could have used USA pups.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's not selling for that it'll probably be around $599 retail at least for us righties. Considering it has decent mahogany and a 3 piece mahogany neck it will probably sound very warm and crunchy, it has much better tuners than anything gibson offers at that price range and the tone pros through body bridge definately helps tone and sustain. Considering a comprable Gibson SG is at least $1200 if you can find one it's a couple of Lindy Fralin's or Gibson P-90's away from greatness. I can't do much for the ugliness of the headstock but I kind of like it. Hell it's no Subaru Baja. I of course prefer the SG but what are you going to do. Hell I guess the Epi Elite 62 RI is only $799 but you'd still have to route it for P-90's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    and for a mere $50 more, you can have in left-handed in one colour only and without a case. rock on. i hate being left-handed. it's not a slam at schecter. they all suck when it comes to the lefties.

i'm sure it sounds good and a switch to SD USA stacked P90s would be pretty easy.
    It's just interesting, that Schecter is in the same market as these other guys building their guitars in Korea at Sammick like everyone else but hell, pick one up at the store, they are solid and they ring out, the setups come in right. They don't skimp on the hardware and most of their better models have SD USA p/u's.

Everyone screws Lefties that sucks especially with players like Hendrix being some of the most famous. Don't worry one day you'll be fabulously wealthy and you can get the Fender Custom Shop to master build your perfect guitar.

Get the little GC pedals logo on the headstock in Pearl or Abalone and the G Snell Autograph on the headstock, well maybe that'll be the Gibson Custom Shop ES-335. Custom Wound 59 burst buckers to your specs stereo out jacks and a vary tone switch not to mention a Bigsby vibrato tail piece.
    the way i'm playing right now, i don't think i'll bother with more guitars any time soon.

i'm enjoying playing again so that's good but until i find the time/money to take some lessons or something and improve... blah.

i feel like i stagnated as far as skill goes about 3 years ago.
    Me too, but I'm having fun and the new delay opens up an entire pallate. Effects are all instruments in themselves so there's always more to learn and experiment with I'm working on cleaning up my playing my pinky is really weak as I generally never use it. I generally use only 3 fingers so my playing is odd looking as well because I had no teacher. I figure if I get the pentatonic scale down others won't be that difficult to learn. Playing Bass helps to work out scales as well I think, It definately improves finger dexterity. Hell man, it's about fun anyway right?

I bought a drill last night so I'll probably start hanging my axes up now. That'll definately improve the wall and floor space though my pedal board is already full.
    i used to hand my guitars way back in the old days but had to buy stands when i moved into an apartment (couldn't drill). it would sure save me some room in my little basement corner but there's nothing to drill in to down there.

i have a weak pinky as well for the reason that i don't know any exercises. i have to work on that.

i also really need to get into weird chord shapes or something. i might help me to write again.
    I think my attention span is the biggest enemy to my writing music.
    wow. this just in from the leftorium.

That Grestch is fantastic. I happen to love Les Paul Jr's. But I like the SG Jr's a bit better for the body comfort.

Hell, listen to ed play "Gimme Some Truth" on the new DVD that's the tone. awesome. not bad price either.
    i'd love the double cut yellow paul i'm sure.
    It's only $1,000 much less than the first born you'd need for the grestch but you know that can be arranged priorities and all :D
    even the buy it now is a hell of a deal for a guitar that unique. they're 2500 new from southpaw.

if i had the skill to do that guitar justice and make it scream like it could, i'd be all over it for the same reason i bought my rickenbacker. when am i ever going to see one again?

i really did like the tone of ed's SG jr on the DVD.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    even the buy it now is a hell of a deal for a guitar that unique. they're 2500 new from southpaw.

if i had the skill to do that guitar justice and make it scream like it could, i'd be all over it for the same reason i bought my rickenbacker. when am i ever going to see one again?

i really did like the tone of ed's SG jr on the DVD.

Besides the Black Schecter I think that's as good as Ed has ever sounded.

Who cares about skill you have passion right? You'll look cool playing it. TV Yellow is a killer color too.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Besides the Black Schecter I think that's as good as Ed has ever sounded.

Who cares about skill you have passion right? You'll look cool playing it. TV Yellow is a killer color too.

it wouldn't sound good through my DR. too bright. i'm sure of it. that thing needs a big marshall.

maybe next year when the LOC and car are paid off and i'm solvent again.
    Oh indeed. I think we all secretly want an old 50 watt Marshall with 4 100 watt cabs in our basements as well.
  • Schecter......arghghhggghhhh........

So much awesomeness.......

must go check ebay for one now....
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day