Options

Akai Headrush Can it be modded for a level control?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
just wondering, I kind of dig this pedal, nice loop sampler.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    There is an output knob on it if that is what you mean?

I freaking love it. It's probably my favorite pedal.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe you just wrote that! I'm sitting here right now looking at mine. Mine has a level out on it. Is that what you mean? Mine is an E1

I would like to mod it to get that last bar or two of a lick on it! It's like dooooo doooo doooooo deeeed oooooooo,,,,uh oh ,, dodo dodododo!:D
    The other thing that would be good would be a footswitch or something to change from delay to loop to echo.
    It is a great pedal though.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I dig them, If I can find one I'll get it, I'm beginning to understand the beauty of true bypassing effects and upgrading the caps inside for clarity like the home audio guys do with recievers. Lowering the THD % really helps out the overall tone of any rig.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    must be an older on on harmony central.

I dig them, If I can find one I'll get it, I'm beginning to understand the beauty of true bypassing effects and upgrading the caps inside for clarity like the home audio guys do with recievers. Lowering the THD % really helps out the overall tone of any rig.

Actually, I just read that top review of it on Harmony, and that was right on. The level input is something I had to work around. I never really used it on stage, but that is one pain with it. Easy to work around with your knowledge. I never had noise problems on mine.

A mod for that would be cool for an input level control, and to get a foot switch change from loop to delay.
    Be kind, man
  • Options
    It couldn't be that hard to wire up after all it's only wire and soldier.

I guess.
    I can do anything to a guitar, but me soldering in those things can create mayhem!
    If I knew exactly what to do, I would try, but I would have alert the fire company before.

I would look like Curly in the tub trying to fix the plumbing in the Three Stooges!
    Be kind, man

I think if I find a headrush I'll get it.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    get one fast. they're discontinued and the price is rising.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Originally posted by exhausted
    get one fast. they're discontinued and the price is rising.

and they're really fun/usefull/etc
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Exhausted, I remember you saying that.
    It is a great pedal. I cleaned it and put a cover on it after you said that. Thanks

I went through stuff after you said that ,that I didn't realize was in demand.

If you ever see an Ibanez AD-9 analog delay, get it. great pedal

I have one of the first prescription "experience pedals" that is great too, but I need somebody to put leds on it to figure out where I am on that.

Another favorite: Rick Gram "woman tone pedal" in front of a good overdrive pedal really is cool.
    Be kind, man
    Another favorite: Rick Gram "woman tone pedal" in front of a good overdrive pedal really is cool.

is that the one with the LEDs in the breasts. :D
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    Exhausted, I remember you saying that.
    It is a great pedal. I cleaned it and put a cover on it after you said that. Thanks

I went through stuff after you said that ,that I didn't realize was in demand.

If you ever see an Ibanez AD-9 analog delay, get it. great pedal

I have one of the first prescription "experience pedals" that is great too, but I need somebody to put leds on it to figure out where I am on that.

dude I love those, the boobs light up!

THe experiences are fucking cool too but I'm not big on the puke colored ones.

I think the dave fox CC-2 will do all but those crazy reverse swells, really cool pedal that Experience. I can't remember what an AD-9 looks like.

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=DLIGgwAA1075481434&command=link--rgwt
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    dude I love those, the boobs light up!

I can't remember what an AD-9 looks like.

pink. 9-series case.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    is that the one with the LEDs in the breasts. :D

Yup,,, the nipples light up. If anything, it certainly used to get comments from the stage crew! I clicked the link,,,,,There she is!:D

And the ibanez is pink, same case as tubescreamer,

the experience is "artfully" painted Puke color greenish. It is one of those pedals that sometimes is glorious when it's in a good mood, but sucks if you can't figure out where you are. It could use a little modding to control volume between modes. Going from the swell mode to gain the wrong way can blow out your eardrums.
    Be kind, man