This is what I want, damnit.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3714188637&category=41418

CC2.

But I have to buy the Strat first. How about stocking some for me Guitar Center.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i wish he'd make a standalone fuzz foot again.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i wish he'd make a standalone fuzz foot again.

check the used section at http://www.musictoyz.com they have one.

Personally I think you should order a fuzz card and build your own fuzz foot. All the important stuff like the transistors is done, all youhave to do is add the switch pots box and LED.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i saw that one yesterday. i can get one for the same price directly from dave fox.

apparently, he's going to release a fuzzfoot soon though.
    i saw that one yesterday. i can get one for the same price directly from dave fox.

apparently, he's going to release a fuzzfoot soon though.

yeah, I hadn't heard that. You know Dave worked at Crest Audio for a long time rebuilding audio boards. Basically I think he spent about 5 years examining fuzz faces and what made them sound good and such. That guy knows how to make a good fuzz.
    your fuzzcard idea is good too.

once he's got the ZIMcards ready to go that might be appealing too. a fuzz face and a muff in one box.
    your fuzzcard idea is good too.

once he's got the ZIMcards ready to go that might be appealing too. a fuzz face and a muff in one box.

It would certainly look cool, I think I am addicted to flashy bright LED's. Yeah, I'm a cheap date. I can entertain myself for hours with blinky little lights.
    i'll have to do some clips of my launch pad beating the hell out of my deluxe. damn it was sounding good last night. i've my BD-2 back on the board too but it's not matching up to what combining the channels can good. it's just amazing. i use my CE-2 with the depth all the way done and the rate at noon and it just gives it this beautiful presence. it's hard to describe. i put the rosewood strat neck back on the tele too so that's helping warm it up as well.

keeley may get my CE-2 after all to quiet it down a little. it's pretty noisy right now but holy shit does that combo sound good.
    I really do want to hear what that Launch Pad combining the channels sounds like. My Reverb should be here sometime this week, though I really haven't played that much lately except in the store. I have to load all my sound clips on the computer so I can clean off my memory card and send them out.
    hopefully i can get good clips close mic'ing the speaker. some days it's good. some days it's not. but the sound in the room is amazing.
    hopefully i can get good clips close mic'ing the speaker. some days it's good. some days it's not. but the sound in the room is amazing.

do you use any reverb at all? Man I want to hear this just to know what it sounds like.
    i have a reveb at about 2.5 on the vibrato channel. then, when the launch pad is on, i have a mix with the normal channel at 100% and the vibrato channel at 60% with the boost at about 11 o'clock so i still get a bit of reverb coming through just to fill it out.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

CC2.

But I have to buy the Strat first. How about stocking some for me Guitar Center.

i was able to play a cc2 for couple hours once. i liked it, but it was a little too much for me. alot of tweaking knobs. i love hendrix, but you have to be really into his style i guess to get your full use out of it. the provibe was friggin sweet.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    i was able to play a cc2 for couple hours once. i liked it, but it was a little too much for me. alot of tweaking knobs. i love hendrix, but you have to be really into his style i guess to get your full use out of it. the provibe was friggin sweet.

tele, wanna make me basic little germanium fuzz face? just a nice little two knob fuzz with a internal input level trim? :)
    sure. i've actually made one. its a hybrid silicon/germanium like foxrox makes. mine has the input level trim on the outside, three knobs. i think i have an extra germanium laying around somewhere.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    sure. i've actually made one. its a hybrid silicon/germanium like foxrox makes. mine has the input level trim on the outside, three knobs. i think i have an extra germanium laying around somewhere.

if you're really interested in doing it, i'd be interested in buying it certainly. how much do you think it would run?
    I had a hybrid uranium fuzz face around once but the government made me get rid of it. I sold it to a nice man on a camel :D No LED but it glowed blue in the dark anyway.

The coolest think about the CC2 is the provibe and the envelope controled speed feature, play it fast SRV play it slow Trower. Sweet.

There may be better fuzzes out there but the flexibility with the fuzz cards is very nice.

I've wanted to play with a Zvex Fuzz Factory for a while, I just don't think you can buy a better vibe than the Provibe. Maybe the Fulltone Dejavibe which by all accounts is exactly the same thing as a Univox Univibe, but by almost all other accounts Fuller is a dick. Why not support other small businesses you know
    if you're really interested in doing it, i'd be interested in buying it certainly. how much do you think it would run?

not sure ex. i'd like to get a couple prototype circuit boards made for it. it won't take me long at all to design it since its a pretty simple circuit. i actually have my proto boards made up in your neck of the woods at alberta printed circuit. really good boards.

let me get back to you on that one.
    not sure ex. i'd like to get a couple prototype circuit boards made for it. it won't take me long at all to design it since its a pretty simple circuit. i actually have my proto boards made up in your neck of the woods at alberta printed circuit. really good boards.

let me get back to you on that one.

sure. just keep us updated b/c i'll definitely like to give one a whirl.