Options

I got my new Headphones Friday night.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
AKG K-66's. Nice Clear uncolored sound. I can really hear when I have the input level too high, Man do I need a tube preamp into that recorder.

The new Weber Mini Mass attenuator comes in monday or tuesday I hope.

I'm hoping they drop it off at the leasing office again so I can talk to the hot secretary again. Strike 2 so to speak.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yes, priorities are in order. :)
  • Options
    How much were those headphones? What are the specs like? I just bought my new set of headphones on thursday. They are some nice Koss headphones. I like them alot for listening to PJ cds. The music is so clear it's crazy!!! These are the first full size headphones I have had. With like full ear cups.

do your ears flip all the way over for monitoring? Mine don't, and apparently it adds alot to the price to get into the range of headphones with that feature.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    I just checked them out on musicians friend. They look pretty cool. I have the Koss Ur/29 headphones.
    If you crank your amp and turn your headphone volume down would this not accomplish the same thing as an attenuator?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I have a set of Sennheiser HD280 phones, they're pro-audio phones with reversable, sealed cups. They're around $100, depending, and they're great for live or live recording situations. But I want to get a good set of Sony open-back phones for studio and home listening.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I have a set of Sennheiser HD280 phones, they're pro-audio phones with reversable, sealed cups. They're around $100, depending, and they're great for live or live recording situations. But I want to get a good set of Sony open-back phones for studio and home listening.

Yeah. I love the HD 280's I just didn't want to spend that much. AKG has a really nice set for that too.

Sony has some fantastic home theatre headphones.

Miss You All Day to answer your question, No.

The attenuator goes between the amplifier and the speaker,

It is a load box. The amp thinks it is driving a speaker when it's actually driving a magnet and voice coil with no cone attached to a potentiometer. The "Pot" varies the output so the amplifier can run at full volume and the internal "load" (Speaker assembly) dissapates the energy that you do not want going to your main speaker (as limited by the pot) This results in the amplifier set as loudly as you would like it resulting in the sweet harmonics that driven tube amps are known for at a much more pleasing volume level, you still get the nice feedback and guitar amp interaction you can just control the total output. My box uses a speaker assembly, other designs like the THD hotplate use optical circutry to dissapate the energy, If you see a hot plate on stage you'll see the light on the front blinking dissapating the energy fed to it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.