HOLY MAMA!!! Pinch me.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM06/Content/Marshall/PR/Jimi-Hendrix-Signature-Stack.html

Yeah, I don't live in a pasture and thus will never have a use for this, but damn, it's awesome. It probably needs minimal change to be perfect. and yeah if you have to ask you can't afford it, but damn it would be cool as balls to see Stone with this rig across from a Mad Professor Stack from Mike and Ed to Pull the Hiwatt back out with the new PT LPD.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i bet you that its the same as their '59 plexi reissue
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i bet you that its the same as their '59 plexi reissue

can't be, the HW series is a lot different, it would need maybe a slight cap change but it's hugely different than the 1959SLP's. I don't doubt that Germino and co could build an approximation cheaper, but it dosen't look like Marshall went cheap on this one. The SLP's don't have the same transformers for starters. This is hugely different than any of the other non HW RI's not to mention it's KT66 powered.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM06/Content/Marshall/PR/Jimi-Hendrix-Signature-Stack.html

Yeah, I don't live in a pasture and thus will never have a use for this, but damn, it's awesome. It probably needs minimal change to be perfect. and yeah if you have to ask you can't afford it, but damn it would be cool as balls to see Stone with this rig across from a Mad Professor Stack from Mike and Ed to Pull the Hiwatt back out with the new PT LPD.

Its a shame Marshall are cashing in on Hendrix. but having said that its fucking awesome. incredible looking stackage.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    everyone's cashing in on hendrix. blame the JHE.

at least marshall is doing it with a kickass amplifier instead of crap (*cough*dunlop*cough*)
    Spook Fish wrote:
    Its a shame Marshall are cashing in on Hendrix. but having said that its fucking awesome. incredible looking stackage.

right, especially since he undoubtedly made them tons already and had to purchase amps from them, but the look is phenominal. Before I knew anything about sound, I was all about Marshall because of Hendrix and other musicians at that time including Lenny Kravitz who believe it or not, actually used to put out really cool albums that had more to do with music than pushing units.
  • Anyone know how much it will cost?

how many will be made?
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    a lot.

and 600 sets.
    Spook Fish wrote:
    Anyone know how much it will cost?

how many will be made?

600 will be made. The cost, will be somewhere over the too much line.
    Retail is 8 grand.

Maybe for a collector it's not bad.

I say nay.

I just want one of those gorgeous cabs, and then I'd get Greg Germino to build the Amp of maybe better quality, for far less.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Retail is 8 grand.

Maybe for a collector it's not bad.

I say nay.

I just want one of those gorgeous cabs, and then I'd get Greg Germino to build the Amp of maybe better quality, for far less.

Maybe? hehehehe, these new marshalls are not even in the same ball park as Greg's work IMO. Vintage is one thing, but these are overpriced.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    Maybe? hehehehe, these new marshalls are not even in the same ball park as Greg's work IMO. Vintage is one thing, but these are overpriced.

yeah, no kidding. It's funny we all talk about how overhead.

This is a perfect example of what it costs to build good amplifiers at large companies. You know they cut corners. Marketing and history sells this thing, not tone, even though I know it's very nice, it's not exact.

Greg Germino could build a much better amplifier, at what $2500? no problem.

Botique has ruined me. The value for the dollar while maybe initially more expensive than reissues is so so much more obvious.