New Fireball Tube head. COOL!!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    That is a nice looking amp...
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    That is a nice looking amp...

yeah I want one. Imagine an EL 34 or pair of 6L6's or KT 88's running in class A. Very nice. Looks like a piece of furniture too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    I was thinking... KT66 with an EF86 preamp section...

hmm, that sounds familiar.

Dr. Z Route 66... if you go with KT88s, a Z Delta 88... EL-34s, KT-45

I like a bunch...
    There's No Code.
    Damnit. I really do want one of these they are just stunning. I sure wish you could get reverb and vibrato.
    they are great looking amps... I think it is good that they have simple circuits...

That's what I like about Dr. Z's... not a lot of things in the signal path... opens up the sound.

Maybe I can order one later this year...

I would probably go for a KT-66 model...

EF-86 preamp...
    There's No Code.
    Originally posted by House53
    they are great looking amps... I think it is good that they have simple circuits...

That's what I like about Dr. Z's... not a lot of things in the signal path... opens up the sound.

Maybe I can order one later this year...

I would probably go for a KT-66 model...

EF-86 preamp...

Yeah, I think they look similar to Z's designs on the inside. Mainly what I like about these amps is the cosmetics I think. I love the cabinets as a furniture piece and you can see the tubes glow. It looks like a high end tube home stereo. You and I are in the same camp as far as simplicity.

Holy crap though man a custom amp for 650? Wow.
    It's definitely a good price... no denying that.

It's officially "on the list."
    There's No Code.