Hey Nailz What's the Progress?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    haha. haha.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I know he is looking at the emporium every day :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    hey paco. where's your strat?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    hey paco. where's your strat?

Still growing somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. :D

I've been working till 2AM everyday for the last 2 weeks, the money is in the account but I haven't been able to talk to bill yet personally. I kind of want to first.

check out the new factory tour pics.

http://www.nashguitars.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Still growing somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. :D

I've been working till 2AM everyday for the last 2 weeks, the money is in the account but I haven't been able to talk to bill yet personally. I kind of want to first.

check out the new factory tour pics.

http://www.nashguitars.com

I don't know how you guys can do it... I break down and buy gear like people buy groceries...

Case in point... this week. I don't have the patience to wait for things. My bank account feels my pain.

Paco, where is your strat? Are you getting a Nash guitar now? Very cool stuff at that shop for sure.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Case in point... this week. I don't have the patience to wait for things. My bank account feels my pain.

what he said. mig 50 and the larrivee in the last couple weeks. i just have to find a buyer for my kidney and my left nut and i'm set.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    what he said. mig 50 and the larrivee in the last couple weeks. i just have to find a buyer for my kidney and my left nut and i'm set.

Do you like the new amp? I read about it, but missed the start of the conversation.

Very cool acoustic too, btw.
    There's No Code.
    still waiting for the amp. they were a little slow on the shipping.
    House53 wrote:
    I don't know how you guys can do it... I break down and buy gear like people buy groceries...

Paco, where is your strat? Are you getting a Nash guitar now? Very cool stuff at that shop for sure.

Yeah, essentially he's going to build me a master built early 60ish *59 wink wink* Strat with Fralin blues at the neck and middle and an HD S90 at the bridge. Vintage lockers for the tuning machines, an Earvana nut, graphtech saddles on a standard vintage bridge, mint green guard, 3 color sunburst lightly seasoned (nitro finish) rosewood board with a medium C neck (lacquer finish on the back)

$1500 as apposed to 5K from the fender Masterbuilt custom shop.

750 up front 750 on delivery, build time is 4 months.

Basically my favorite era for fender is 59 - 65 or so amps and guitars.

The best Strat I've ever played was a 1965. This one should be damn close to that.

The body and neck will come from http://www.usacustomguitars.com
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Yeah, essentially he's going to build me a master built early 60ish *59 wink wink* Strat with Fralin blues at the neck and middle and an HD S90 at the bridge. Vintage lockers for the tuning machines, an Earvana nut, graphtech saddles on a standard vintage bridge, mint green guard, 3 color sunburst lightly seasoned (nitro finish) rosewood board with a medium C neck (lacquer finish on the back)

$1500 as apposed to 5K from the fender Masterbuilt custom shop.

750 up front 750 on delivery, build time is 4 months.

Basically my favorite era for fender is 59 - 65 or so amps and guitars.

The best Strat I've ever played was a 1965. This one should be damn close to that.

The body and neck will come from http://www.usacustomguitars.com
    Me thinks you will be very happy. Longest 4 months ever though LOL
    I will bet you another 750 you find 12 more things you want between the day you order and the day it arrives, it's a sickness I tell you.
    We all should have checked ourselves in a long time ago ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • sustainediasustainedia Posts: 112
    exhausted wrote:

$300 for the kidney. uh...pass on the left nut.
    JofZ wrote:
    Me thinks you will be very happy. Longest 4 months ever though LOL
    I will bet you another 750 you find 12 more things you want between the day you order and the day it arrives, it's a sickness I tell you.
    We all should have checked ourselves in a long time ago ;)

12? I have about 75 things on the list right now. I know I'm selling my shannon modded Dyna Comp and the Keeley Rat and the old Ultimate Chorus
    I'm thinking about selling the Barber DD and the Keeley BD2 as well.

In the pipeline....E-H wiggler Trem. potentially the Lovepedal vibe though I need to try Eric's uniphase first I think. Captain Coconut maybe, Zim, Diamond Drive (J drive) some kind of Clean Boost (Xotic BB) Octobooty, Barber LTD, New Direct Drive..... and so on and so on. I absolutely adore David Barber's creations.

Oh and then there's the Analogman Sun Lion, Lovepedal Triple B, Bender Over Under, and so on and so on. Fuzz.......an addiction in an of itself. Guitar Heroin.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    12? I have about 75 things on the list right now. I know I'm selling my shannon modded Dyna Comp and the Keeley Rat and the old Ultimate Chorus
    I'm thinking about selling the Barber DD and the Keeley BD2 as well.

In the pipeline....E-H wiggler Trem. potentially the Lovepedal vibe though I need to try Eric's uniphase first I think. Captain Coconut maybe, Zim, Diamond Drive (J drive) some kind of Clean Boost (Xotic BB) Octobooty, Barber LTD, New Direct Drive..... and so on and so on. I absolutely adore David Barber's creations.

Oh and then there's the Analogman Sun Lion, Lovepedal Triple B, Bender Over Under, and so on and so on. Fuzz.......an addiction in an of itself. Guitar Heroin.

Sean has a complete new line, it is launching some time in July. He is sending me his new clean boost to try out. I hope to have it soon. I think his stuff rocks!
    I am kinda glad there is no cure for Gearoin :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    the search for the perfect tone......

never ends does it?

but damn,if it isnt a fun journey.
    i'm going through detox. i've sold or am selling every pedal save for the EB volume, TU-2, phase 90, (and that's on the verge of going up) my rust booster and my diamond drive. everthing else is toast.
    exhausted wrote:
    i'm going through detox. i've sold or am selling every pedal save for the EB volume, TU-2, phase 90, (and that's on the verge of going up) my rust booster and my diamond drive. everthing else is toast.
    For now :)
    You'll get GAS again, when and where it will hit no one knows.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

absolutely. i just want to clear the slate and start over some day.
    so which one of us is sick boy?
    i'd have to say me.
    my other car is (insert axe here) LOL
    I figure this would make a great LP frame.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    my other car is (insert axe here) LOL
    I figure this would make a great LP frame.

Family Pictures.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Family Pictures.
    Should have posted this a while ago:

Here are some pics of my gear!
    04 R9 Iced Tea Murphy Les Paul
    IMG_0558.jpg

Allen Sweet Spot:
    IMG_0569.jpg

Strat and LP:
    IMG_0564.jpg

Pedal board, this is always changing:
    IMG_0565.jpg

The Zvex 1 of Kind FF, Lovepedal Octave Planet Pro, Skreddy Enrie, Lovepedal BBB
    IMG_0566.jpg

close up of the BBB:
    IMG_0567.jpg

close up of Eternity:
    IMG_0568.jpg

Mesa F30:
    IMG_0570.jpg

I'll put up pics of the Martin's later :)
    Waiting on a NYC pedal board, the big one LOL
    My Germino Classic 45 should be here sometime in late summer, can't wait!
    I also have a GA meeting every Wed. night, part of my deal with the wife LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

where's the ABY for the F30 and the Allen?

guess I'll have to break down and take some picks of the gear room myself. It's getting crowded.

nice paint jobs on the Lovepedals.

I really really want a NKT 275 Sunface.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    where's the ABY for the F30 and the Allen?

guess I'll have to break down and take some picks of the gear room myself. It's getting crowded.

nice paint jobs on the Lovepedals.

No ABY, I don't think I have turned on the Mesa since the Allen got here. I will get one though, if nothing else I want to be able to use the chorus and Red Witch in Stereo :)
    Sean did a great job on those, too bad he wont be painting anymore :( the Octave is the new box and style, very Cornish the jacks are on top now.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Pacomc79 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41418&item=7330960232&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

the piper had to get paid somehow.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I guess I missed this thread. There is no progress. The band is f*ckin over, done...dead. I figure, whats the f*ckin point of spending that kind of dough until I at least have something going again...and some gigs lined up to help pay it off. I've been looking on e-bay and stuff though and there's been f*ck all in the last couple months. All of my energy has been going towards fishing and drinking
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I got my goldtop Tele back today... I'll post pics when I have them, but I gotta tell ya, it's EXACTLY what I wanted. Finally got all the pickups for the Nashville today, so that should be done within the week. Hurts so good...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.