Marshall to reproduce handwired classics.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM04/Content/Marshall/PR/Handwired-Series.html

Hmmm. Lets hope they did it right. Sounds like it. They'll still be astronomical, lets not kid ourselves but aparently there's a huge market for it. 18 watts of handwired british bliss with tremolo through original 20 watt greenbacks. Oh Joy, Oh Rapture, I'm already wondering how marshall found a way to cut corners.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm sure i'd love that little 20W head.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'm sure i'd love that little 20W head.

especially as another flavour to go with the Fender.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i guess a ghia would fill the same role....

i think at some point i'll get a little boutique amphead of some sort and just run it though my fender's speaker. i won't have any switching or anything. i'll just plug whatever i feel like using into the hotplate and go.
    i guess a ghia would fill the same role....

i think at some point i'll get a little boutique amphead of some sort and just run it though my fender's speaker. i won't have any switching or anything. i'll just plug whatever i feel like using into the hotplate and go.

I'm really hoping Z will come out with some sort of tremolo circuit. soon. Savage has one.

A KT-45 or Ghia would be very nice, then again that new Delta 88 is perhaps the new badass of them all. You could get a ghia head pretty cheap though. And get a relatively cheap cab, besides you have the deluxe and it's already got that lovely vibrato.

I was playing with my Weber (Att). the other day and the Orange, Wow If I had the space to crank it up all the time (IE house not APT) holy crap is the natural OD good when the att is rolled off just a bit. The les paul is hot enough to send it into that lovely sweet open breakup. I think I played "I'm One" for an hour.

The last time I saw a guy use a hot plate live it was a hendrix cover band, and he had it all right down to the phone style curly guitar cable. That thing is very nice. He just tweaked it as people filled the bar.

I don't know about you, but good beer, good friends, and a good band, dosen't get much closer to heaven for me.
    sadly, i'm completely out of touch with the music scene here. i'm pretty much working in a vacuum.
    sadly, i'm completely out of touch with the music scene here. i'm pretty much working in a vacuum.

might be the best place to be working from.