Lovetone Vibe.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
J of Z. a couple of questions since you've bought from Sean before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41416&item=7305086152&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The Vibe. 1 knob. lovely tone in the sound clips but I worry, no volume/mix control that I can see anyway. with a gain pedal there's no issue, but I tend to wonder how strong this will be as a modulator. It's probably just fine.

I don't really like the artwork on that vibe not that it really matters and I prefer the big fat rubber knob so I can turn it with my feet, but I suppose it's no biggy. I'll probably go the T.I.P. way eventually anyhow. How kick ass would it be to have that in stereo and running off a panner, between two amps or to the PA...
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    J of Z. a couple of questions since you've bought from Sean before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41416&item=7305086152&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The Vibe. 1 knob. lovely tone in the sound clips but I worry, no volume/mix control that I can see anyway. with a gain pedal there's no issue, but I tend to wonder how strong this will be as a modulator. It's probably just fine.

I don't really like the artwork on that vibe not that it really matters and I prefer the big fat rubber knob so I can turn it with my feet, but I suppose it's no biggy. I'll probably go the T.I.P. way eventually anyhow. How kick ass would it be to have that in stereo and running off a panner, between two amps or to the PA...

lovepedal not lovetone :) although the lovetone pedals are equally good :)
    I digress.
    Anyway, the single know is a trait of many of Sean's pedals. I haven't played it, so I really can't tell you how many tones are in there, but from what I have heard it nails trower, hendrix, etc with ease.
    The pluses are it has a tiny foot print, no other vibe is this small. The one knob means you can't really mess with it too much, set it and leave it. You can easily pull the knob off and replace it. I do know, the price is right, for $100 it is a steal, I sold 2 for him yesterday alone.
    He sold out the first 30 units in a day, and is working on the 2nd batch which is pretty much gone as well.
    The paint is really up to you. Sean is a man of mystery, so here is some info, he has 3 lines. Lovepedal, Magic Boy, and the Custom shop which is now being called Pro.
    His magic boy pedals have been released from the custom shop in the past, so you might see custom pedals with the magic boy name.
    He sent me some pics of a couple different paint jobs he was working on, one was a killer green, and the other orange.
    If you don't like the paint, then wait till one pops up that you love and grab it. Or do what I did and bother him until he makes what you want :)
    With a thrid hand you'll be set!
    Sean sent some clips to me, so give me your email and I can send you all the stuff I have.
    If I wanted a small foot print vibe this is it. And there is mojo in his pedals that no one else has, it just can't be explained in words.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    lovepedal not lovetone :) although the lovetone pedals are equally good :)
    I digress.
    Anyway, the single know is a trait of many of Sean's pedals. I haven't played it, so I really can't tell you how many tones are in there, but from what I have heard it nails trower, hendrix, etc with ease.
    The pluses are it has a tiny foot print, no other vibe is this small. The one knob means you can't really mess with it too much, set it and leave it. You can easily pull the knob off and replace it. I do know, the price is right, for $100 it is a steal, I sold 2 for him yesterday alone.
    He sold out the first 30 units in a day, and is working on the 2nd batch which is pretty much gone as well.
    The paint is really up to you. Sean is a man of mystery, so here is some info, he has 3 lines. Lovepedal, Magic Boy, and the Custom shop which is now being called Pro.
    His magic boy pedals have been released from the custom shop in the past, so you might see custom pedals with the magic boy name.
    He sent me some pics of a couple different paint jobs he was working on, one was a killer green, and the other orange.
    If you don't like the paint, then wait till one pops up that you love and grab it. Or do what I did and bother him until he makes what you want :)
    With a thrid hand you'll be set!
    Sean sent some clips to me, so give me your email and I can send you all the stuff I have.
    If I wanted a small foot print vibe this is it. And there is mojo in his pedals that no one else has, it just can't be explained in words.

if you have a backline e-mail or something for him let me know. I need to get one of those things. I guess you really have to pester him. I'll pm you my e-mail. I should probably send you some clips of my stuff to to be fair.

oh and yeah lovepedal :D

Love pedal = reasonable

Lovetone = astronomical.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    if you have a backline e-mail or something for him let me know. I need to get one of those things. I guess you really have to pester him. I'll pm you my e-mail. I should probably send you some clips of my stuff to to be fair.

oh and yeah lovepedal :D

Love pedal = reasonable

Lovetone = astronomical.

If you have Lovetone, sell it on ebay and make a dpeosit on a home hahahahha
    Way huge and Lovetone easy money!
    Pm me, Sean always responds to me!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The Lovetone stuff is top notch, and was expensive even when available. BTW, the Meatball and the Cheese/Source are still in production for anyone interested in them. I have owned them all, and have kept the Meatball, Wobulator, and will be adding a Big Cheese again for studio applications that have nothing to do with guitar :)
    enharmonic wrote:
    The Lovetone stuff is top notch, and was expensive even when available. BTW, the Meatball and the Cheese/Source are still in production for anyone interested in them. I have owned them all, and have kept the Meatball, Wobulator, and will be adding a Big Cheese again for studio applications that have nothing to do with guitar :)

that's good to know. they are really cool and you can use them for all sorts of stuff but man, what a hit in the pocketbook.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    that's good to know. they are really cool and you can use them for all sorts of stuff but man, what a hit in the pocketbook.

All the good shit is painful on the wallet. I'm getting ready to go back to a Wizard Modern Classic + 4x12...It's going to cost me just shy of 5 grand. :(

But the tone will make you shit on yourself...lol ;)
    enharmonic wrote:
    All the good shit is painful on the wallet. I'm getting ready to go back to a Wizard Modern Classic + 4x12...It's going to cost me just shy of 5 grand. :(

But the tone will make you shit on yourself...lol ;)

It's only money anyhow. You going to sell your Blitz 50?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's only money anyhow. You going to sell your Blitz 50?

I have it up for 1800. I paid 2800 for it. It's in mint condition (I'm the original owner), but most people don't know what it is...so I am gonn take a beating if I sell it.

My friend Jeff is coming out with a new Budda amp as well...so i am a bit torn between going with the Wizard, or waiting for the new Superdrive 45. I had a Superdrive 30 for a while...great amp...but it wasn't "me". The 45 has different power section, and I think it would be more my speed. The Wizard is a home run though...amazing amp. I never should have sold my first one...but I was out of work and needed the $$ badly.
    enharmonic wrote:
    I have it up for 1800. I paid 2800 for it. It's in mint condition (I'm the original owner), but most people don't know what it is...so I am gonn take a beating if I sell it.

My friend Jeff is coming out with a new Budda amp as well...so i am a bit torn between going with the Wizard, or waiting for the new Superdrive 45. I had a Superdrive 30 for a while...great amp...but it wasn't "me". The 45 has different power section, and I think it would be more my speed. The Wizard is a home run though...amazing amp. I never should have sold my first one...but I was out of work and needed the $$ badly.

Budda is nice, never been exactly "me" either. That is an absolute steal on the Blitz 50 I love those things, but I don't have the room or the cash for it at the moment, nor do I have the space to let it really breathe and at the moment I'm not playing out electrically.

I never have been able to find a wizard to play, I'm sure it is outstanding.