another killer amp+ 4x10 Cab.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=3734133597&rd=1

Joe Walsh had one I know. But I believe he's moved onto the considerably more expensive Dr Z super Z.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Sounds like a great gigging amp... I've heard great things about the Carvin vintage-style tube gear. Wonder how those 10"s sound...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Sounds like a great gigging amp... I've heard great things about the Carvin vintage-style tube gear. Wonder how those 10"s sound...

well, I got to try out my buddies old Carvin MTS amp the other day. It was loaded with 4 6l6's. Through a 4x12 cab Obviously very loud. Very marshall like with a looser bottom end from the 6l6's obviously. I was impressed, His guitar was a Seymour Duncan equipped Schecter PT. The fretboard was a little flat for me but damn those duncans shined. I think my ears are still ringing.

I would assume this carvin to sound very much like a tweed that loose semi dirty clean tone with a very nice sound overdriven. Probably very similar to the Peavy Delta Blues but more full with the 4 10's. I'm pretty sure they copied Jensen (who hasn't?) on the 10"s however the magnets look ceramic so who knows not the type I'm used to in a 10" speaker. it's open back, bassman style.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I would assume this carvin to sound very much like a tweed that loose semi dirty clean tone with a very nice sound overdriven. Probably very similar to the Peavy Delta Blues but more full with the 4 10's. I'm pretty sure they copied Jensen (who hasn't?) on the 10"s however the magnets look ceramic so who knows not the type I'm used to in a 10" speaker. it's open back, bassman style.

I would guess the design meant to emulate the Fender Bassman... warm, woody, gritty. But with the addition of an overdrive channel and reverb. Very similar to the Fender Blues Deville or Peavey Classic 50 in the 4x10" versions. I would guess the speakers are ceramic.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I would guess the design meant to emulate the Fender Bassman... warm, woody, gritty. But with the addition of an overdrive channel and reverb. Very similar to the Fender Blues Deville or Peavey Classic 50 in the 4x10" versions. I would guess the speakers are ceramic.

speaking of which have you seen that victoria, with 3 10's and a vibrato and reverb in a bassman enclosure? That is an interesting little amp.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    speaking of which have you seen that victoria, with 3 10's and a vibrato and reverb in a bassman enclosure? That is an interesting little amp.

Vibro-King (or is it Tremo-Lux?) with tweed voodoo... very pretty, indeed!

I'd love a Victoria. It doesn't matter which model, I just want one really bad.