obligatory put Ex in the poorhouse thread.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/1962-Gibson-LEFT-HANDED-LEFTY-MELODY-MAKER-OSSC_W0QQitemZ7390683527QQcategoryZ33040QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry man I had to do it. If she were right handed and had two hums installed................
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i saw that one. i scan the leftys every day.

i have no attraction to this thing though.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    i saw that one. i scan the leftys every day.

i have no attraction to this thing though.

only because it has no humbuckers. Trust me, I played one with duncan 59's in it through a new Vox AC30CC one night helping a guy who bought WAY TOO MUCH amp get useable tones out of it. Redonkulous feeling guitar. loved it. It kind of makes me want to get maybe a carvin SC90 or double cut.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i honestly want a double cut faded LP with the P90s. badly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Faded-With-Hardshell-Case-NR_W0QQitemZ7390893630QQcategoryZ38082QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but mirror of course.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    i honestly want a double cut faded faded LP with the P90s. badly.
    Now you're talkin!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    exhausted wrote:
    i honestly want a double cut faded LP with the P90s. badly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Faded-With-Hardshell-Case-NR_W0QQitemZ7390893630QQcategoryZ38082QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but mirror of course.

Illy. I kind of prefer the Bob marley model, man that is a good feeling sounding guitar.
    if i was right handed, my head would explode.
  • the case is sick
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • exhausted wrote:
    if i was right handed, my head would explode.

i'm left handed 99% of the time. writing, throwing, eating, etc., but i am completely right handed when it comes to playing guitar. is that rare?
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
    i'm left handed 99% of the time. writing, throwing, eating, etc., but i am completely right handed when it comes to playing guitar. is that rare?

i don't know. a lot of left handed people end up playing right because it's more comfortable or because only right handed instruments were around. i tend to think they're more ambidexterous than i am though.

i'd swing a bat/golf club/hockey stick in what would be considered right handed fashion though. no way could i switch hit.

same with guitar, there's no way i could play a right handed instrument. even when i first started. it just doesn't fit.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i don't know. a lot of left handed people end up playing right because it's more comfortable or because only right handed instruments were around. i tend to think they're more ambidexterous than i am though.

i'd swing a bat/golf club/hockey stick in what would be considered right handed fashion though. no way could i switch hit.

same with guitar, there's no way i could play a right handed instrument. even when i first started. it just doesn't fit.

i've tried to play lefty, or at least tried to put my right hand into chord shapes. not happening at all. i also play drums righthanded. weirdness.

i play golf, baseball and basketball lefthanded.

that faded double cut with the p-90's is cool as shit. how do they sound? aren't they around $650?
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
    i've tried to play lefty, or at least tried to put my right hand into chord shapes. not happening at all. i also play drums righthanded. weirdness.

i play golf, baseball and basketball lefthanded.

that faded double cut with the p-90's is cool as shit. how do they sound? aren't they around $650?

never played one. never found one left-handed in person. but i know i love p90s.

i think right-handed they can be had pretty cheap.
    whatever became of the Jazzbastard. I haven't seen it?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    whatever became of the Jazzbastard. I haven't seen it?

some guy from either chicago or somewhere in michigan (i can't remember) bought it back in jan 04. as far as i know he loved it. i haven't seen it reappear.

it was a great guitar but i made mistakes with the neck profile and control configuration. well, not mistakes but just didn't like the choices i made.

in a do-over, it would have been the same body with a two pickup, 4 knob gibson style configuration with duncan stacked P90s. and gibson type bridge.

rather than the 3 pickup, strat type config with tremolo.

but the body was a warmoth in stock special. it would have cost me maybe 50% to build the guitar with a special ordered body.