here it is, the Fender Blender.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i expected a higher price tag to be honest.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • i love this pedal.

ive always wondered why they never reissued it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • it's 139.99 on zzounds.

so what all does this baby do. I know it's a fuzz, but it's an octaver too? And is it true bypass?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • "It can go from nice subtle effects to ear shattering distortions" - B. Corgan on this pedal.

its pretty versatile i hear.. Mike uses one (with a delay and wah) on NAIS
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • that baby is going to be in my new setup
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it's 139.99 on zzounds.

so what all does this baby do. I know it's a fuzz, but it's an octaver too? And is it true bypass?

yes, true bypass (apparently) and DC Jack.

It's a nasty fuzz with a mean upper octave that can be blended, all sorts of stuff can be achieved.

This and the foxx tone machine are legendary for these types of tones.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    lets see what happens at NAMM, for some reason the price sounds too low for this unit to be an accurate representation of the original. I know where I will go if I want a Flender ;)

Pac shoot me a PM for Paul C's phone number, he wont return emails. It is the only way to score a Tim or Timmy.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    lets see what happens at NAMM, for some reason the price sounds too low for this unit to be an accurate representation of the original. I know where I will go if I want a Flender ;)

Pac shoot me a PM for Paul C's phone number, he wont return emails. It is the only way to score a Tim or Timmy.

my sentiments exactly. every thing is the same huh. Yeah, just like MXR, and the Fuzz Face are the same...... Still, it sounds decent and hell it may well be accurate, but it could be cleaner. I think the wolftone from retroman might be a good similar effect although it is foxx based and lacking a blend knob, no doubt, within a few months some one other than Morgan Miller will have a botique FB unit. All that's needed is the blend knob on most of them. At $140 it might be a bargain. The success of internet pedal builders is forcing quality control to go up for everyone else.

Thanks, I couldn't find info on the timmy anywhere. He's the guy out of Nashville right?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    my sentiments exactly. every thing is the same huh. Yeah, just like MXR, and the Fuzz Face are the same...... Still, it sounds decent and hell it may well be accurate, but it could be cleaner. I think the wolftone from retroman might be a good similar effect although it is foxx based and lacking a blend knob, no doubt, within a few months some one other than Morgan Miller will have a botique FB unit. All that's needed is the blend knob on most of them.

Thanks, I couldn't find info on the timmy anywhere. He's the guy out of Nashville right?

I think all of these companies are literally killing themselves to get retro items to market as fast as they can, if it means cutting corners or leaving somethings out, so be it. Tell me if the small shops can't get the quality components, transistors, etc then how will the big guys get enough to crank these out? Look at the entire effects market it is a silly joke, slap some crap together (5-7 bucks in radio shack equiv. parts) put it in a pretty box and sell them. I think there are now a dozen new Asian Bouteek :) pedal shops now, selling $300 boxes with no tone. So I say let em sell em at GC, it will come and go and that will be that.

Yes, Paul Cocherene is the chap from Nashville, I think he has sold more pedals by word of mouth with no marketing or website then anyone before. I sent him an email and never heard back and then found out you have to call him. His wife will probably answer the phone. I have no clue what his wait time is now either. The Tim is the original big box with the loop and the Timmy is the small box without the loop. I would gete the timmy as it is supposed to be a great boost pedal, transparent and can act as light to medium OD as well.
    Before you buy it check out the competition ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    I think all of these companies are literally killing themselves to get retro items to market as fast as they can, if it means cutting corners or leaving somethings out, so be it. Tell me if the small shops can't get the quality components, transistors, etc then how will the big guys get enough to crank these out? Look at the entire effects market it is a silly joke, slap some crap together (5-7 bucks in radio shack equiv. parts) put it in a pretty box and sell them. I think there are now a dozen new Asian Bouteek :) pedal shops now, selling $300 boxes with no tone. So I say let em sell em at GC, it will come and go and that will be that.

Yes, Paul Cocherene is the chap from Nashville, I think he has sold more pedals by word of mouth with no marketing or website then anyone before. I sent him an email and never heard back and then found out you have to call him. His wife will probably answer the phone. I have no clue what his wait time is now either. The Tim is the original big box with the loop and the Timmy is the small box without the loop. I would gete the timmy as it is supposed to be a great boost pedal, transparent and can act as light to medium OD as well.
    Before you buy it check out the competition ;)

no kidding, the LTD is probably going to replace my DD. #2 is tough. The keeleys are ok, but they are on the blocks, they just aren't as smooth as I want although I seem to find new fun settings for the rat daily, it's a terrific fuzz I'm just bored with it. I really dig the Kaden (Red Mammal) Flamingo Fuzz because I like the tweed OD's and obviously the gainster is in there too but I know the COT 50 is something I should think about as well. Then there's the Diamond Drive line, the Launch Pad, and recently I've been amping myself up to just go for the BJFE stuff.

As for Fuzzes and Vibes, wow, that's a different story. MIG is less than a week away from posting the Beta tested clips for the Uniphase. The Magic Boy is quality and I'm still considering a CC2. Everything is in the budget I'm just not pulling the trigger, I'm an incessant window shopper.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    no kidding, the LTD is probably going to replace my DD. #2 is tough. The keeleys are ok, but they are on the blocks, they just aren't as smooth as I want although I seem to find new fun settings for the rat daily, it's a terrific fuzz I'm just bored with it. I really dig the Kaden (Red Mammal) Flamingo Fuzz because I like the tweed OD's and obviously the gainster is in there too but I know the COT 50 is something I should think about as well. Then there's the Diamond Drive line, the Launch Pad, and recently I've been amping myself up to just go for the BJFE stuff.

As for Fuzzes and Vibes, wow, that's a different story. MIG is less than a week away from posting the Beta tested clips for the Uniphase. The Magic Boy is quality and I'm still considering a CC2. Everything is in the budget I'm just not pulling the trigger, I'm an incessant window shopper.

Man, I feel your pain :)
    The fuzz boxes from BJF are supposed to rock, I haven't heard any my self, but if they are anything like the others I own I can say for sure you will not be let down. BJ has the touch and I can get you a discount, so don't let the prices scare you too much :)
    I think the Cot will cover many basses, it can get the tweeds, the marshall and every tone inbetween, this and the SBEQ are the 2 boxes that are always on for me.
    I think you need to play some, or check the musictoyz site for some good clips with video. The bogner amp is totally clean in those clips, The custom sound site (BJs site) has some great clips as well. For everything on BJ you have to check out Donner's Tonesafari site.
    Sean is almost done with the new line, all the boxes are in and he has been building for weeks. I should have the proto here soon.
    Anything I can help with just let me know.
    If you want a fuzz that can cover a lot of basses I would get the BBB or the Sunface or the BJ Candy Apple and call it a day the tones are there.
    The boost pedals are up to your own tastes, if you want color or not. Bj pedals have some color to them.
    On the OD side, please check the HB out and the LGW before you drop any coin on a different box, trust me the stacking is endless and they are that good.
    BJ will also do you a huge one and combine them for you, a small upcharge but it is worth it sometimes.
    Vibes, wait a couple weeks, the mini mojo is coming out shortly. It is IMO the best vibe out there and if the small box has the same tone it will probably kill the Lovepedal Vibe as much as I hate to say it :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

yeah but seans is meant to appeal to people who don't use vibe much that don't want to pay $250 for one but still want quality.

I saw that post about the new sweet mini vibe. That's killer.

the Honey Bee is the supro right? That's the tweed right there. Does DonneR do the paint for all of those?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah but seans is meant to appeal to people who don't use vibe much that don't want to pay $250 for one but still want quality.

I saw that post about the new sweet mini vibe. That's killer.

the Honey Bee is the supro right? That's the tweed right there. Does DonneR do the paint for all of those?
    The mini Mojo is supposed to be $150, who knows.

Yes the HB is the Supro in a box, it is really such a great pedal. Donner can paint them and he has painted some in the past but BJ paints them all himself with some tips I beleive from Donner. My SBEQ was painted by Donner and BJ for the Tsunami auction, all of Deans pedals on Tonesafari are one offs and they were done by BJ. Bjs wife does the boxes and handwriting.

I am ordering a couple more Bj boxes as they are going to get more difficult to obtain. The EGDM is one of the coolest pedals I have bought. I am on a Gallagher kick and this thing is Rory in a box, too cool.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    The mini Mojo is supposed to be $150, who knows.

Yes the HB is the Supro in a box, it is really such a great pedal. Donner can paint them and he has painted some in the past but BJ paints them all himself with some tips I beleive from Donner. My SBEQ was painted by Donner and BJ for the Tsunami auction, all of Deans pedals on Tonesafari are one offs and they were done by BJ. Bjs wife does the boxes and handwriting.

I am ordering a couple more Bj boxes as they are going to get more difficult to obtain. The EGDM is one of the coolest pedals I have bought. I am on a Gallagher kick and this thing is Rory in a box, too cool.

Yeah, the EGDM is what I was actually thinking instead of the LGW. It should be the dogs balls in an EL84 amp.

I'm between the baby blue and the honey bee then.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Yeah, the EGDM is what I was actually thinking instead of the LGW. It should be the dogs balls in an EL84 amp.

I'm between the baby blue and the honey bee then.

What tone are you looking for?
    I stack the HB and EGDM with the SBEQ and the Eternity and the picking harmonics and dynamics are amazing, for blues riffs and lead tone I love it. For rhythm tones I like to use the Eternity or just the HB as they are more medium to light gain pedals and I can adjust the distoriton with the volume knob on the axe, they all handle chords really well.
    I haven't played a BBOD but its like white rice :) It must be good if sells so many right :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    What tone are you looking for?
    I stack the HB and EGDM with the SBEQ and the Eternity and the picking harmonics and dynamics are amazing, for blues riffs and lead tone I love it. For rhythm tones I like to use the Eternity or just the HB as they are more medium to light gain pedals and I can adjust the distoriton with the volume knob on the axe, they all handle chords really well.
    I haven't played a BBOD but its like white rice :) It must be good if sells so many right :)

It's tough to decide. I really think the EGDM is just built for the EL84 amp, by the way KCA, has some really cool tubes. The medium to light gains, cascaded toegether sound really good usually.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's tough to decide. I really think the EGDM is just built for the EL84 amp, by the way KCA, has some really cool tubes. The medium to light gains, cascaded toegether sound really good usually.
    I think the EGDM will work with any tube type, it pairs well with Vox and Fender type amps.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?