Fuzz talk, and pedal selling and wants......

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've come to realize that I love fuzzes. But it's love hate. I really want the early hendrix tone, the paige tone, the early black crowes solo tones. Octave fuzz up and down, everything the fuzz factory does.......I even love 70's style fuzz bombs like my Rat2. Early stones type Maestro Fuzzes too...etc.

but dear lord, too get all that is going to cost a fortune. Not to mention that they are finiky as hell and likely there's no way around batteries because the power is so important to the fuzz tone. Then, I have to decide whether or not to sell my stuff that I have now I also need to upgrade my wah (Teese RMC1, Pic or Wiz likely) though I'll probably keep the morley in the chain for the excellent buffer that it has included inside.

That, and then there is the vibes. I've been shopping rotating speaker sounds like the wiggler for years now, and obviously there's the univibe clones and stuff which I will probably go with another battery powered pedal the lovepedal magic boy. Essentially Lovepedal and Analogman are going to involve my purchasing another powersupply PP2 just to get good isolated power to my fuzzes so they will play nice, damnit.

I love the Love Pedal stuff, the COT 50, BBB, etc. Analogman makes that awesome sunface. The Zvex Fuzz Factory, Fox Rox Octron...etc. So many choices. PE Yardbox, Pedalworx Bender Over Under.....fulltone 69.....

So what do you guys think, to sell what you own to buy more maybe missing it later or to keep it.

At the moment, I've got a MXR dynacomp (shannon modded) to sell because I'm not really using it at all with the LP and the amp compresses enough on it's on for my acoustic so if anyone is interested let me know

I'm also probably selling my RAT2 even though it's really hard to part with, it's really loud and a great higher register fuzz pedal, but now I've got Greg's BD2 and I've been kind of enamored with it lately although it could be on the block too. Again if anyone is interested in anything let me know.

Then there is the Ultimate Chorus I need to sell because even though it had a good run, it can't hold the Orange's jock.

so to sell to finance more or to not sell and amass a collection, that is the question.

I have a feeling I could stock room with the amount of gain pedals I like.

what's on your wish lists right now?
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    keep what you have and add to the chain.

i've been digging on that sound mark ford got with the crowes for a couple of months now.he has the tone going on.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the unseen wrote:
    keep what you have and add to the chain.

i've been digging on that sound mark ford got with the crowes for a couple of months now.he has the tone going on.

You know, it's all analogman and roccaforte (neuvo plexi)

mojovibe, Speed Control, Ernie Ball volume, Analogman Sun Lion, Analogman Beano Boost, and that's essentially it.

Then Rich is on the other side Ooozing rhythm tone from his harry joyces.

I'm going to see them next Saturday and Audioslave on this coming Tuesday
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    right on.

a friend has been sending me boots of their (the crowes) current tour and they are sounding great.

they are doing a free show at the 500 track in may so i'll catch them there,but i'm afraid it will be more of a greatest hits show than some of the off the wall stuff they have been playing.

some of their shows are going to be sold online,if you go to amazon for the crowes you can find the link.
    the unseen wrote:
    right on.

a friend has been sending me boots of their (the crowes) current tour and they are sounding great.

they are doing a free show at the 500 track in may so i'll catch them there,but i'm afraid it will be more of a greatest hits show than some of the off the wall stuff they have been playing.

some of their shows are going to be sold online,if you go to amazon for the crowes you can find the link.

excellent, thanks.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:

mojovibe, Speed Control, Ernie Ball volume, Analogman Sun Lion, Analogman Beano Boost, and that's essentially it.

Unless you have something that is no longer made which was made in limited numbers, dump it as it can always be replaced.

I say go with what will make you happy now, because you will play more and playing more will maybe lead to the creation of something new. Pedals always help me write, as I sit and just mess around it is great for exploring.
    To me it sounds like you want to have multiple fuzz sounds on hand with out spending a ton of cash, get the BBB. The FF is cool, but you will have more unusable then usable tones from that box, and with all those knobs it is very hard to duplicate things even if your first name is Nels.
    The BBB is a range master, its a fuzz face, its a cranked tweed and everything in between. It is that Jimi fuzz you are looking for.
    Put an OD after it and it just is amazing.
    I can't pick just one so I bought many, but then again I have a very serious problem LOL
    Check out skreddy.com and further confuse yourself!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    thanks for the heads up on skreddy, I think I read his digital sucks page, a while ago.

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=&uzc=&command=link--us

I've been kicking around the idea of that thing lately too, heard of it at all?
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    thanks for the heads up on skreddy, I think I read his digital sucks page, a while ago.

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=&uzc=&command=link--us

I've been kicking around the idea of that thing lately too, heard of it at all?

No I never heard of the Urso line before, but it looks interesting. I wonder where it is made? Be sure to check out http://www.retroman-music.com/
    I am getting a Sybil without a doubt!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Track down a Matt Wells 5 O'Clock Shadow :)
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

I'm going to the Mars Volta show tonight and the Audioslave show on Tuesday. The Audioslave show should kick some major ass, as I heard that they are pulling out songs from the Soundgarden and RATM catalogs.
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • Actually, here is the list of Marc's gear that he has been using with Ben Harper:

Fender '58 Twin, Fender Combo Amp 1950's Tweed Twin with Demeter Rack Mount Spring Reverb, Roccaforte 100 Watt Amp Head through an 8 Ohm Open Back Roccaforte 2 x 12 cabinet, RMC Wah Wah Pedal, Wonderboy Overdrive, Guyatone Flip Tube Tremolo, Ibanez Analog Delay, Roccaforte Bastard Overdrive / Distortion pedal, Radial Engineering ToneBone / SwitchBone A-B Box, Ernie Ball Volume pedal
    DirtLikeMe wrote:
    I'm going to the Mars Volta show tonight and the Audioslave show on Tuesday. The Audioslave show should kick some major ass, as I heard that they are pulling out songs from the Soundgarden and RATM catalogs.

damn, TMV was tonight. I missed it. Crap.

here's marc's 2005 Crowes board. the shitty Dunlop Univibe has since been replaced by a sweet sound mojo vibe, in hideous pinkish purple. Black would have been a better option MR Sweet. Black or Orange like the old Sweet Sound vibes.

the two analogman pedals are the beano boost (rangemaster) and the sun lion. (original fuzz face with a volume booster for leads)

http://www.analogman.com/pedalboards/marcford0305.jpg
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i may try one of aramat's fuzzes.

http://www.aramateffects.com/mojo/
    http://www.aramateffects.com/soulpatch/

the fuzz factory isn't controllable enough to be the only fuzz.

i've sold a lot to but certain pedals and there are a few i regret letting go of. my old CE-2 comes to mind for instance.

but for the most part, i use pedals up and my ears get tired of the sounds so i change things up by selling and trying something new.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    damn, TMV was tonight. I missed it. Crap.

I know this is kind of off the subject, but I just wanted to say that TMV kicked ass last night, with songs sometimes taking 30 minutes to complete. Omar is insane on guitar - and his effects were so crazy!
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    in a while i might have a mjm london fuzz i'd get rid of for a fair price.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    right now i got the jimmy hedrix fuzz pedal, and the danelectro octive distortion. but i'm getting a fender blender ( yes, a real one. none of this re-make crap i want the real deal), and am saving for a big muff. i just got the hendrix one, havent really used it yet. anyone know anything about it?
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    sevensins wrote:
    right now i got the jimmy hedrix fuzz pedal, and the danelectro octive distortion. but i'm getting a fender blender ( yes, a real one. none of this re-make crap i want the real deal), and am saving for a big muff. i just got the hendrix one, havent really used it yet. anyone know anything about it?

which muff?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way