Describe your next dream guitar.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've decided that the Les Paul is getting sold. Everyone knows I'm just waiting on the right strat to fall in my lap that's a given. I've been building virtual guitars for the last day or so over at USACG and Warmoth. Here's my concept.

Thinline hollowbody tele. Mahogany body, Figured Maple or Koa top, Probably a mahogany or koa neck capped with an ebony fretboard or potentially rosewood depending on cost or maybe even a one piece Koa neck. Tune O Matic bridge or Bigsby tailpiece. Voodoo 59 hum at the bridge. Lollar P-90 at the neck. Controls: 2 volume, one tone 4 way switching.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I've decided that the Les Paul is getting sold. Everyone knows I'm just waiting on the right strat to fall in my lap that's a given. I've been building virtual guitars for the last day or so over at USACG and Warmoth. Here's my concept.

Thinline hollowbody tele. Mahogany body, Figured Maple or Koa top, Probably a mahogany or koa neck capped with an ebony fretboard or potentially rosewood depending on cost or maybe even a one piece Koa neck. Tune O Matic bridge or Bigsby tailpiece. Voodoo 59 hum at the bridge. Lollar P-90 at the neck. Controls: 2 volume, one tone 4 way switching.

I walk past a driveway with a garage sale sign and see a old lifton case hiding in a corner. I walk up to the case, see a $100 price tag, pop the case and find a pristine 59 Burst. The owner thinks it is just some old POS and takes $65 for it. That is my dream guitar!!!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    So Jason, you've been patiently waiting outside Eric Claptons mom's house huh? I can tell you theres a chance. We took in a J50 for 100 bucks, and turned it around to sell it for close to 2 grand.

P dub. Very nice.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    a Collings CJ

anyone gotta mop? i've drooled all over the floor

:D Rachel
  • i'm looking for a taylor 714C.

if i ever decided to plug in,i'd like an ES 175.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    PastaNazi wrote:
    a Collings CJ

anyone gotta mop? i've drooled all over the floor

:D Rachel

Oooh, Collings.

Unseen - my buddy at GC had a 714W. It was amazing.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Oooh, Collings.

Unseen - my buddy at GC had a 714W. It was amazing.

Collings are sooooooo nice, If I bought a new acoustic that would be the one!

I am waiting outside Eddie's Grannies house as I type this hoping he crashed there last night LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    At the moment, I can't get that American Strat out of my head. I think I may just bite the bullet and bring it home with me this weekend. I'm going to get it sooner or later, might as well be sooner, right?