Unsatisfying trips to the Guitar Shop.

2»

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah none of us are endorsed, we just like this stuff. Honestly, I'd love to have a shop with just difficult guitar stuff to get called GAS.

I know, just kidding with J. I wish I could be endorsed for guitar gear... it is great to get my running shoes and gear for free. Plus, I get to look like I am fast at local races.

I think I need to make my own brand of guitars and amps... that's the real key.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    I know, just kidding with J. I wish I could be endorsed for guitar gear... it is great to get my running shoes and gear for free. Plus, I get to look like I am fast at local races.

I think I need to make my own brand of guitars and amps... that's the real key.

no kidding. Imagine being Tiger Woods.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    no kidding. Imagine being Tiger Woods.

We talked about that this weekend... having everything built to your exact specifications.

Every once in a while I find a running shoe that feel like it was made for me... but that is rare.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    We talked about that this weekend... having everything built to your exact specifications.

Every once in a while I find a running shoe that feel like it was made for me... but that is rare.

Driver - check

Ball - check

Hot Sweedish nanny supermodel - check
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Driver - check

Ball - check

Jeeves I need my car now, can you work out for me, take a shit for me, do this, do that. It must be a shitty life that's for sure :)
    I'll live my shitty normal life and be able to go to a grocery store without having to sign too many autographs LOL

I'll back you Pac on GAS, just tell me you are serious ;)

I haven't seen a Reeves come up for sale used yet, and there is a big Hiwatt collector in Chicago who seems to snag all the stuff worth buying.

I asked The Mad Prof to make a 5 watt and he is tinkering with it, maybe it will be the ticket.
    I look at pro players set ups and rigs and wonder what they are thinking, I should start consulting. Either that or start throwing pedals up on stage.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    I look at pro players set ups and rigs and wonder what they are thinking, I should start consulting. Either that or start throwing pedals up on stage.

I think many times they don't think about that stuff much... that's my only explanation.

It really is an open ended thing... if you didn't know about super high end gear, or didn't enjoy using it... you wouldn't really miss it. Unfortunately for me, I have a taste for it... Damn.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I think many times they don't think about that stuff much... that's my only explanation.

It really is an open ended thing... if you didn't know about super high end gear, or didn't enjoy using it... you wouldn't really miss it. Unfortunately for me, I have a taste for it... Damn.
    very true, but all of them are in and out of guitar stores on a regular basis. You would think someone would show them some of this stuff. I know they all tend to focus on who will give them an endorsment contract, but at the same time I would hope there are still some guys out there not trying to milk every nook and cranny for dollars.
    Plus a think effect pedals are more of a trendy type thing that come and go with the times. Amps are flavor of the month it seems these days as there are just too many talented builders.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Driver - check

Ball - check

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=717171121656749802/l=54041701/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Not a supermodel, but I was excited she married me... pictures from the wedding.
    There's No Code.
    JofZ wrote:
    Jeeves I need my car now, can you work out for me, take a shit for me, do this, do that. It must be a shitty life that's for sure :)
    I'll live my shitty normal life and be able to go to a grocery store without having to sign too many autographs LOL

I'll back you Pac on GAS, just tell me you are serious ;)

I haven't seen a Reeves come up for sale used yet, and there is a big Hiwatt collector in Chicago who seems to snag all the stuff worth buying.

I asked The Mad Prof to make a 5 watt and he is tinkering with it, maybe it will be the ticket.

Exactly, two things I'd love to do in the music industry, Produce and Consult. What the....Jim, put that shit down *smack* come here, give me that fucking piece of crap. *smack* Here, play it again, this time with an actual instrument.
    House53 wrote:
    http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=717171121656749802/l=54041701/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Not a supermodel, but I was excited she married me... pictures from the wedding.
    Beautiful pics, beautiful bride!
    Enjoy the honeymoon.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Pacomc79 wrote:
    Exactly, two things I'd love to do in the music industry, Produce and Consult. What the....Jim, put that shit down *smack* come here, give me that fucking piece of crap. *smack* Here, play it again, this time with an actual instrument.
    hehehe, I think we should just get a studio together
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Beautiful pics, beautiful bride!
    Enjoy the honeymoon.

Thank you. The honeymoon is in December... more time available then.

We had a great weekend though.
    There's No Code.
    excellent wedding house.

nicely done.

I've found the source of my treble loss. it's the MASS. But hey what are you gonna do. Plugging strait into the Orange is fun. I definately need to drop a P-90 in the LP, and something more gutsy in the neck.
    thanks again. We had a great time, and I enjoyed the music throughout.

I had an extensive "Do Not Play List."

I would love to find a Carmen Ghia 112 with a G12H speaker. That gives a great lead tone when pushed... and responds well all around.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    thanks again. We had a great time, and I enjoyed the music throughout.

I had an extensive "Do Not Play List."

I would love to find a Carmen Ghia 112 with a G12H speaker. That gives a great lead tone when pushed... and responds well all around.

G12H30's are high on my list right now.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    G12H30's are high on my list right now.
    I ordered my Germino 212 cab with G12M Heritage, less efficient speakers and will help with my volume situation. I am really excited to hear them.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I ordered my Germino 212 cab with G12M Heritage, less efficient speakers and will help with my volume situation. I am really excited to hear them.

There's your first mistake... :D

For the Marshall sound it is tough to beat a greenback, that's for sure. Nothing else does it quite right.

The thing with new speakers is they take patience... they are not going to sound the same brand new as after some hours of play. The break in is key and really takes away some of the harshness that brand new speakers can have.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    There's your first mistake... :D

For the Marshall sound it is tough to beat a greenback, that's for sure. Nothing else does it quite right.

The thing with new speakers is they take patience... they are not going to sound the same brand new as after some hours of play. The break in is key and really takes away some of the harshness that brand new speakers can have.
    I hear ya, and I was torn between the two. But, Greg helped make the decision for me and he likes the Heritages and has had some great results so I felt like it was a solid move. Break in is always the key!
    I wouldn't want to be my neighbors when this bad boy arrives at my house ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I hear ya, and I was torn between the two. But, Greg helped make the decision for me and he likes the Heritages and has had some great results so I felt like it was a solid move. Break in is always the key!
    I wouldn't want to be my neighbors when this bad boy arrives at my house ;)

Murph + MK2 + Germino + JofZ + Since I've been Lovin You = car alarms going off all over Chicago.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Murph + MK2 + Germino + JofZ + Since I've been Lovin You = car alarms going off all over Chicago.

hehehe and a bunch of nasty letters nailed to my door LOL

I will be in heaven till my ears begin to bleed.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    hehehe and a bunch of nasty letters nailed to my door LOL

I will be in heaven till my ears begin to bleed.

The two times I have pushed the Bassman it has been pretty nice... however WAY too loud for anything I ever do. It was fun though...

I went for Can't you Hear me Knockin'. I love that riff.
    There's No Code.