Keeley Mods on DL/MM4 Ready. Worth It?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
100 bucks introductory price. We knew this was coming after Mr Tripps put out a few custom DL4's with upgraded sonics for the Tsunami relief.

now, the DL 4 could certainly use better caps, it could be smoother and sound more natural, this could fix the volume drop problem. I currently don't use the expression pedal. On off dosen't matter to me. You know if keeley gets his hands on it it's going to be brighter and louder, because everything I've got from him is.

But, 100 bucks (introductory) price for the mod?

WTF?

no word yet on if he plans to add a clean boost feature.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    not worth it though a few of the models on the DL4 definitely need volume drop help.

i guess it all boils down to labour intensity.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I thought someone else was doing the mods too, I can't remember but I am pretty sure. Keeley is a full on factory now, he has the ability to do these mods easily and for cheaper then the competition. That doesn't mean he will offer them for a reasonable price. I am sure some of this is to test the market, much of the Line6 Tsunami stuff was cool, but not as much of a rave as you would think, go figure.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    I thought someone else was doing the mods too, I can't remember but I am pretty sure. Keeley is a full on factory now, he has the ability to do these mods easily and for cheaper then the competition. That doesn't mean he will offer them for a reasonable price. I am sure some of this is to test the market, much of the Line6 Tsunami stuff was cool, but not as much of a rave as you would think, go figure.

The brilliance of Tripps is somewhat hamstrung by the corporate accounting entity, the bottom line and the ability to push out lots of units. The price we pay to live well.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    The brilliance of Tripps is somewhat hamstrung by the corporate accounting entity, the bottom line and the ability to push out lots of units. The price we pay to live well.

There is no perfect world or company. I think Line6 has issues and I don't buy their stuff, but I suspect it is the same catch 22 everyone has.
    If you are small and don't charge too much and make a good product word gets out quick. I don't care if you make tooth brushes or hair dryers. The all of a sudden you are swamped with orders and can't meet expectations, so you grow. Or maybe you raise your prices to scare off a % of the biz to keep you on a solid delivery time line. Either way at some point you have to grow up or stay small and keep your prices so high very few will want you. If you grow up chances are your products will have cut corners and some shabby QC.
    I see no end to this ever!
    Therefore, I pay out the ass for quality things and have great customer service and I also avoid giving my hard earned duckets to big companies with hidden agendas .
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    100 bucks introductory price. We knew this was coming after Mr Tripps put out a few custom DL4's with upgraded sonics for the Tsunami relief.

now, the DL 4 could certainly use better caps, it could be smoother and sound more natural, this could fix the volume drop problem.

So I'm not the only one that had volume drop problems then? Good to know.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com