EX this is for you. wow.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i knew what it was before i even opened it. i saw it the other day.

it would be an incredible piece.

i could pretty easily build it from the parts of my existing tele and just buy the body and the guard from them.

but alas, i can't.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    i knew what it was before i even opened it. i saw it the other day.

it would be an incredible piece.

i could pretty easily build it from the parts of my existing tele and just buy the body and the guard from them.

but alas, i can't.

yeah, and 575 is pricey, but that thing is just stunning, it would be a perfect match for your current tele setup.

oh well. she's pretty to look at anyway.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    it's beautiful but not my ideal tele (ie, a two-HB deluxe with 2V 2T control).

i could buy a CIJ thinline tele deluxe i suppose. i'd rather just have the solid body though like that 75 i posted.
    exhausted wrote:
    it's beautiful but not my ideal tele (ie, a two-HB deluxe with 2V 2T control).

i could buy a CIJ thinline tele deluxe i suppose. i'd rather just have the solid body though like that 75 i posted.

True. I'm trying to talk myself into trading the LP and going that route. Telesonic's idea of a drop top is enticing.

I just love the classic tele butterscotch blonde, I think I'd like having 2. One hollowbody with a P-90 in the neck and a S-90 in the bridge. one with a two humbucker setup and a solid mahogany body and maple top maybe a seth lover and a 59. maybe even a vari-tone switch. sort of a SG LP Tele combo without 12 LBS.
    mind you, now that my dot is gone, i have an opening in the semi-hollow vein that i'll need to fill at some point down the road.

i'm going to (try) to stop buying crap though and see how much i'm actually playing in a year's time or so.
    exhausted wrote:
    mind you, now that my dot is gone, i have an opening in the semi-hollow vein that i'll need to fill at some point down the road.

i'm going to (try) to stop buying crap though and see how much i'm actually playing in a year's time or so.

sometimes the sad thing is we get so wrapped up in what we want we forget to play. My problem lately has been maintenence more than anything. I've worn them all out. I'm so lethargic about buying things I get kind of bored but I force myself to do that because I'm so ADD I need to sit down read the manuals and enjoy what I have. I just love shopping.

Case in pt. DL-4....
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    sometimes the sad thing is we get so wrapped up in what we want we forget to play. My problem lately has been maintenence more than anything. I've worn them all out. I'm so lethargic about buying things I get kind of bored but I force myself to do that because I'm so ADD I need to sit down read the manuals and enjoy what I have. I just love shopping.

Case in pt. DL-4....

pretty much. i sold my resonator, my dot and cancelled the martin i had on order. at the time, i was supposed to be quitting my job and needed to clear some accounts. now that i'm not i could get them all back but i realize i don't even need them.

i'd sell my rickenbacker too except for the fact that i'll never see one again. i never play it.
    exhausted wrote:
    pretty much. i sold my resonator, my dot and cancelled the martin i had on order. at the time, i was supposed to be quitting my job and needed to clear some accounts. now that i'm not i could get them all back but i realize i don't even need them.

i'd sell my rickenbacker too except for the fact that i'll never see one again. i never play it.

there might be other stuff you want to do with that money....like take the wife on vacation. :D
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    there might be other stuff you want to do with that money....like take the wife on vacation. :D

france in the fall i'm told. it was scotland originally but neither of us could get excited about it.
    exhausted wrote:
    france in the fall i'm told. it was scotland originally but neither of us could get excited about it.

I hear the wine is phenominal, and you can pee in the street.

I think I'd be more interested in everything but Paris, but that's just me. I'd spend the entire time near the Med.

sounds, awesome though. Well worth it. Absolutely nothing like being there and I adore flying.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I hear the wine is phenominal, and you can pee in the street.

I think I'd be more interested in everything but Paris, but that's just me. I'd spend the entire time near the Med.

sounds, awesome though. Well worth it. Absolutely nothing like being there and I adore flying.

it would be to see friends of hers that live somewhere other than paris. that's about all i know. i want to rent a smartcar.
  • "I've worn them all out"

Man, if that is your worst problem :) My guitar skills have just begun to progress again lately. After a long day it is so much easier to sit and watch a movie, or play some madden, or whatever, than to take the effort to go practice bends and scales for two hours. Like don't get me wrong I love it, but it also undeniably takes some serious effort, and it's hard to find that energy at the end of the day sometimes.

Know what I mean?

Be Glad they are all worn out! :)
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I think I'd like having 2. One hollowbody with a P-90 in the neck and a S-90 in the bridge. one with a two humbucker setup and a solid mahogany body and maple top maybe a seth lover and a 59. maybe even a vari-tone switch. sort of a SG LP Tele combo without 12 LBS.

I don't know WHERE you come up with such ridiculous ideas...

;)
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.