The Great Pacomc Sunlion Sell Off.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Folks, I'm changing direction on my pedal board. I'm going to order an Analogman Sun Lion and then a Diamond Drive as well as a couple of needed modulation effects, so I need to unload some stuff to have the scrilla to do so. I'm going to put this up on Ebay after my Protools session tonight, I thought I'd give you guys the first crack.

1) Shannon Modded/Fixed Dyna Comp (no pumping, smoother tone blue LED)

2) Keeley modded Rat2 (3way mod clarity mods, blue LED)

3) Keeley modded Blues Driver 2 (bass boost switch and clarity mods, Blue LED

4) Fender Ultimate Chorus (90's 2x12 open back 130 watts stereo EL and chorus dual channel reverb Free Eminence 12" speaker and foot switch)

5) 80's Peavy Bass Amp Closed Back 12" (Light Blub Limiter, gain volume eq presence and pull bright)

6) Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger I'll throw in the adaptor too.

If you want them PM me, If it's within reason I'll give you guys first dibs.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the dynacomp is tempting... hmmmm.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    the dynacomp is tempting... hmmmm.

Eric made it good. It's got the old style mini pin jack power in as does the rat.

It sounds good cranked, taxes the harshness out of the high end (wah stuff especially) helps bring out the body in thin singles.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Man, you are for real this time huh?
    Put it up on gearpages as well, it is free and I bet you get some nibbles.
    How long is the sunlion wait?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    Man, you are for real this time huh?
    Put it up on gearpages as well, it is free and I bet you get some nibbles.
    How long is the sunlion wait?

Here's the email from Mike, check out the manual.

We were not ready for so many Sun Lions orders, as I did not even put up a web page yet for them. But we sold a bunch and we ran out of cases. They are $335 plus S & H and we are up to about #40 now. You can order now, about a month or less to build one ordered now as we are backed up on them. No waiting list for these, only built to order.

Let me know if you want to order (and where you live for S & H, and if you want anything else at the same time).

We have the manual online for more info, on my manuals section.

http://www.analogman.com/manuals/sunlion.doc

thanks for your interest!

Regards, mike ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~ vintage guitar effects

AnalogMike@aol.com http://www.analogman.com
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Here's the email from Mike, check out the manual.

We were not ready for so many Sun Lions orders, as I did not even put up a web page yet for them. But we sold a bunch and we ran out of cases. They are $335 plus S & H and we are up to about #40 now. You can order now, about a month or less to build one ordered now as we are backed up on them. No waiting list for these, only built to order.

Let me know if you want to order (and where you live for S & H, and if you want anything else at the same time).

We have the manual online for more info, on my manuals section.

http://www.analogman.com/manuals/sunlion.doc

thanks for your interest!

Regards, mike ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~ vintage guitar effects

AnalogMike@aol.com http://www.analogman.com

An AM pedal without a wait, what is the world coming to? :)
    The only thing that bugs me about it is that he waited so long and saw the success of the BBB. The Sunlion is an NKT and a boost right? I love my NKT sun face, but the tone from the BBB is better IMO.
    I will send you my BBB to play if you promise to treat her well, it has the PM paint and I can't replace it, but you should hear it before buying the AM pedal it is that good. :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    An AM pedal without a wait, what is the world coming to? :)
    The only thing that bugs me about it is that he waited so long and saw the success of the BBB. The Sunlion is an NKT and a boost right? I love my NKT sun face, but the tone from the BBB is better IMO.
    I will send you my BBB to play if you promise to treat her well, it has the PM paint and I can't replace it, but you should hear it before buying the AM pedal it is that good. :)

hmm, maybe I should do that, either way I've got to dump what I have. I need a rangemaster to increase the treble in the LP. I also need to swap PU's in there and I've been looking for "the fuzzface" for a while now.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    hmm, maybe I should do that, either way I've got to dump what I have. I need a rangemaster to increase the treble in the LP. I also need to swap PU's in there and I've been looking for "the fuzzface" for a while now.

You need a rangemaster?
    http://www.retroman-music.com/prod01.htm
    Look at this one, it is really really good.

Also, Butler is the Rangemaster guru:
    http://www.tone-man.com/rangemaster.htm

There are more RM clones now then you can shake a stick at, I think D.A.M has one or 2 as well.
    I would look at the Java boost too as many rave about it. If you want Gallagher in a box you need to hear the BJF Emerald Green Distortion Machine, I'll have it today hopefully.
    I meant what I said, I'll send you what ever I can for you to play, shoot me a PM.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

yeah, I know about Mr. Butler. I've decided against Keeley at the moment. I think I have a general Idea on that tone. He tends to be on the bright side. I like bright but it's closer to shrill in some cases. I guess the Java would be different as it is germanium. I guess what I should do is check out the BBB, get a Butler Rangemaster and a LP vibe. then wait on the Fuzz Face clone.

Isn't your retroman pedal similar?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, I know about Mr. Butler. I've decided against Keeley at the moment. I think I have a general Idea on that tone. He tends to be on the bright side. I like bright but it's closer to shrill in some cases. I guess the Java would be different as it is germanium. I guess what I should do is check out the BBB, get a Butler Rangemaster and a LP vibe. then wait on the Fuzz Face clone.

Isn't your retroman pedal similar?
    Retroman makes a RM clone, not sure what it is called, the Sybil has no boost at all it is a GE/Si parrallel fuzz box.
    I pulled this thread for you:
    http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69277&perpage=15&highlight=rangemaster%20clones&pagenumber=1

I think what you need to do is pick a RM tone you like and then try and get close. Most of the clones are OC 44 based, so they will be a little thin. I guess I am trying to figure out the tone you are looking for. When I think of RM's I think of Gallagher's Irish Tour, or Blackmore.
    I think the Rory tone is the one of the best of all time, so if that is what you are going for I can solve your tonequest right now, it is green, it is mean and it is going to cost 262 from my buddy Dean :)
    I shoulda been a rapper LOL
    BJ also makes a boost pedal which I would look into. Money is no object now, you are screwed LOL
    I like Retroman because his prices are down to earth, the build is awesome and Joe actually keeps in contact with you, almost to the point you think you are his only customer ;)
    Sean is sending me his new line this week and I know there is a clean boost in there, not sure what it is called yet. I am hoping I can help name it. My dog was diagnosed with Bone cancer 3 weeks ago, we had to amputate his right front leg 2 weeks ago and he is starting chemo today. My dog is like my son, he is 130lb Akita and has protected me and my family for 8.5 years. I want Sean to name the boost after Kuma, since he is the Storm Trooper, the survivor and the protector of all that is good!
    I guess I will have to pressure him, we will have to see.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Retroman makes a RM clone, not sure what it is called, the Sybil has no boost at all it is a GE/Si parrallel fuzz box.
    I pulled this thread for you:
    http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69277&perpage=15&highlight=rangemaster%20clones&pagenumber=1

I think what you need to do is pick a RM tone you like and then try and get close. Most of the clones are OC 44 based, so they will be a little thin. I guess I am trying to figure out the tone you are looking for. When I think of RM's I think of Gallagher's Irish Tour, or Blackmore.
    I think the Rory tone is the one of the best of all time, so if that is what you are going for I can solve your tonequest right now, it is green, it is mean and it is going to cost 262 from my buddy Dean :)
    I shoulda been a rapper LOL
    BJ also makes a boost pedal which I would look into. Money is no object now, you are screwed LOL
    I like Retroman because his prices are down to earth, the build is awesome and Joe actually keeps in contact with you, almost to the point you think you are his only customer ;)
    Sean is sending me his new line this week and I know there is a clean boost in there, not sure what it is called yet. I am hoping I can help name it. My dog was diagnosed with Bone cancer 3 weeks ago, we had to amputate his right front leg 2 weeks ago and he is starting chemo today. My dog is like my son, he is 130lb Akita and has protected me and my family for 8.5 years. I want Sean to name the boost after Kuma, since he is the Storm Trooper, the survivor and the protector of all that is good!
    I guess I will have to pressure him, we will have to see.

yeah, I need to get these things sold first but I'm going to go play a round of golf this afternoon. I hope your dog gets better soon. They really are like children.

Let's continue this quest later. I checked out Retromans beano earlier, seems pretty cool. I just wonder if the NKT 275 is better I don't really know. Retroman's is only 150. That's really fair. As far as love pedal. I should probably get one of the vibes soon, before everyone knows about them.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Have you seen this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41418&item=7332959759
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:

yeah that's cool thanks Pure, the problem with those even if they are the genuine article is that a lot of them are just crap. The price will probably end up in the $600 range and there's no guarentee it will sound right. I've heard stories of Eric Johnson and Jimi Hendrix going through stores full to find one or two that were great. The issue is those transistors values vary wildly, and the bias screws up at different temperatures, the newer versions like Analog Mikes Sun Face fix those problems, by allowing the bias to be controlled and carefully selecting the proper germanium transistors (mid to late 60's FF pre silicon) to go in the unit, something the original creators didn't pay great attention to, thanks for the heads up.