Got a quote on my S-series.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
$1525 With the new vintage looking Kluson Lockers though I may request Sperzels by the end of it all I don't know quite yet. Earvana nut and graphtech saddles. wired up on a 5 way with an all on option.

The pickups are still up for debate, besides the bridge still a HD S-90.

I'm not quite sure whether I'll go with the Lollar Blondes, Fralin Blues or HD VP's.

Mr Nash suggested the first 2.

anybody have any opinions

build time is 4 months, but I've waited 2 years + for this thing so what's 4 more months you know.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that's pretty reasonable given the features. what level of aging are you going for?
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Geez.

Can he do a Tele body with full Strat body contours?

Not bad at all... does the price include pups?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Ex, I'm getting mostly church gig type ( out once a week 40 years in the case) wear.

Mig, essentially he is a full custom shop and so are they, if you can request it, chances are they can do it.

my body and neck will probably be from USA Custom Guitars since thier proximity is pretty close to Bill (Nashguitars is in Tacoma, Washington)

you can check body prices at http://www.usacustomguitars.com

They can do a drop top or just a regular tele body with the tummy cut, I think it's maybe a 20 or 40 dollar premium above the standard tele body price depending on what wood you choose. It's probably about the same price as Warmoth, but USA customs only builds bodies and necks. If you want to see what it would feel like and you have a Tom Anderson dealer close, go check them out.

Bill uses Nitro finishes because they are period correct and they age nicely, if you want shiny urethane, roxy guitar finishing is probably the way to go, and you can use your in town luthier to put it toegther.

http://www.usacustomguitars.com/bodyextras.html

oh actually it's only $15 per cut so it's even cheaper than I thought.

that quote is with a gator case too. Stand up guy that Bill Nash. Sure he's making a little profit, but essentially between him and the guys at USA customs, I'm getting a team built Custom Shop Strat for around 3 grand less than they usually go for and almost 4 grand less than a Masterbuilt.

Essentially the same price as a used Don Grosh, but this will have everything the way I request it too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.